Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Notificaitons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've recently noticed that my Tesla app on the phone (Android) is not longer displaying my car's name in notifications. For instance, it used to show a notification that charging started/completed and would use "The Aluminum Falcon" which is the name of my MSM M3. Currently the notifications only use the last several digits of my VIN number for the notifications similar to when I first picked up the car and hadn't yet named my child.

Anyone else running into this or seeing it? I have gone back through the app and the name is still listed. Not sure if there was a change in the app.

Vehicle currently running version 2002.4.5
Phone app version: 4.5.1-864

I've recently noticed that my Tesla app on the phone (Android) is not longer displaying my car's name in notifications. For instance, it used to show a notification that charging started/completed and would use "The Aluminum Falcon" which is the name of my MSM M3. Currently the notifications only use the last several digits of my VIN number for the notifications similar to when I first picked up the car and hadn't yet named my child.

Anyone else running into this or seeing it? I have gone back through the app and the name is still listed. Not sure if there was a change in the app.

Vehicle currently running version 2002.4.5
Phone app version: 4.5.1-864
I have the Pixel 6 Pro with an app version of 4.5.1-864 and my software version is 22.4.5.3 and I'm seeing the name of my car in the notification shade.

iPhone here. Seeing the vin in notifications as well. Started with the 4.6 update. For a while after first updating I’d get two. One with the name and second with the vin. Now just the vin one shows up.

It is intermittent as if I get 2 notifications, 1 with VIN and 1 with name and other times, it was VIN only.

I decided to go with the IT method of uninstall and reinstall. I did that last night. As of now, it is only showing the car name. The pain in the butt is having to go back out to the car and reconnect the phone as a key but so far so good. I'll keep you posted.

I've been getting double notifications too on my S21, but I see this morning there is the app update 4.6.0-885 available for download in the Play Store. Release notes are 'bug fixes and improvements' so maybe this will remedy the situation.