Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Notifications

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, it doesn't. People have already reported that it completely ignores the lines and just lines up with the other cars. It's exactly the same as the parallel park feature in that it won't work unless there are other cars on both sides. That's because the ultrasonics need the cars to position it.

Well I'll be... And here I was wanting the car to park itself into the superchargers... Oh well, perhaps the auto perpendicular park is not as useful as I thought it was...

Well I'll be... And here I was wanting the car to park itself into the superchargers... Oh well, perhaps the auto perpendicular park is not as useful as I thought it was...
I think it will be able to do that eventually, but not by using the rear camera. They'll work on the ultra-high precision mapping they've been talking about, combined with the ultra-sonics. I may however be overly optimistic on this one, and it's certainly not in 7.1
Honestly though, I doubt it will be high priority until they replace the superchargers with the snake cables that plug themselves in. At that point they'll want the ability to move cars that are done charging out of the way without waiting for the owners to return.

I think it will be able to do that eventually, but not by using the rear camera. They'll work on the ultra-high precision mapping they've been talking about, combined with the ultra-sonics. I may however be overly optimistic on this one, and it's certainly not in 7.1
Honestly though, I doubt it will be high priority until they replace the superchargers with the snake cables that plug themselves in. At that point they'll want the ability to move cars that are done charging out of the way without waiting for the owners to return.

That WOULD be funny... Charge too long.. car drives itself to the pound.