Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App question: Differences between a Driver & Owner profile?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
First time Tesla 'Owner'.
Since mine is a company car Lease, It turns out the Leasing Company is designated 'Owner' of the car and so has the 'Owner' account.
The account I received seems to be a driver account.
Apart from not being able to add new 'Driver accounts' to my car (trying to get that sorted with the leasing company :-s... ) I wanted to understand what other differences there were between an owner account & a driver account?

I read something about charging statistics? What are those?
Any other differences?

D.

Hi,
First time Tesla 'Owner'.
Since mine is a company car Lease, It turns out the Leasing Company is designated 'Owner' of the car and so has the 'Owner' account.
The account I received seems to be a driver account.
Apart from not being able to add new 'Driver accounts' to my car (trying to get that sorted with the leasing company :-s... ) I wanted to understand what other differences there were between an owner account & a driver account?

I read something about charging statistics? What are those?
Any other differences?

D.
You can view charging statistics about your charging activity (not just supercharging) as an owner, but not as an additional driver. There might be other differences, but they’re probably not that important. It’s unusual for the primary driver not to be the owner, but if it’s a company car they can do what they want.

Upvote 0
You can view charging statistics about your charging activity (not just supercharging) as an owner, but not as an additional driver. There might be other differences, but they’re probably not that important. It’s unusual for the primary driver not to be the owner, but if it’s a company car they can do what they want.
Hi, Do you have some info, screenshots about what is in these charging statistics? Does it contain location data & timestamps?

Upvote 0