Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app stuck on symbol - supposed to get delivery in 1 hour!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had the tesla app on my phone for weeks, worked fine. Supposed to get the car delivered to me in an hour or two, launched app to see how much to pay and just get the symbol and it never goes further or gives me any options

I've stopped the app and restarted it
I've restarted the phone
I've deleted the app and reinstalled - it asked me to log in but still just goes to the tesla symbol and sticks
Called sales and they were no help, currently on (infinite) hold for service

Any suggestions?

I've had the tesla app on my phone for weeks, worked fine. Supposed to get the car delivered to me in an hour or two, launched app to see how much to pay and just get the symbol and it never goes further or gives me any options

I've restarted the phone
I've deleted the app and reinstalled - it asked me to log in but still just goes to the tesla symbol and sticks

Any suggestions?
Relax. It will work when they activate it. They aren’t going to give you control of the car till it’s yours.

It's not control of the car that isn't working. I can't see my account (amount I owe), videos, etc.

Do you mean they somehow disable the app just before they deliver the car?

Just talked to the guy who is going to deliver the car and he has never heard of this either -HELP

Last edited:
It's not control of the car that isn't working. I can't see my account (amount I owe), videos, etc.

Do you mean they somehow disable the app just before they deliver the car?

Just talked to the guy who is going to deliver the car and he has never heard of this either -HELP
My app went to crap right before pick up. couldn't see my solar... anything.

YES thanks to all
I could see the amount owed in my account for days
Apparently they do something weird b/c after multiple attempts at trouble shooting it just started working AND it is showing where my car is as it drives (home delivery). Wish they told us and/or the sales people or their 24 hour "chat" wasn't greyed out :(

Now all I need is no major flaws on the car Excited!!!!

I've restarted the phone

Any suggestions?
You could use the web browser on your phone and go to tesla.com and login to your account to see your status.

Reactions: mswlogo
Thanks - I was able to see the amount owed on the website, just got freaked out that I wouldn't be able to pair the car when I got it - turns out it was paired before I got the car!!!
How hard would it be for them to just post a notice like "shortly before you pick up your car the app will temporarily not work"???

Anyway - the delivery process went well - quality was good and wasn't rushed to do inspection. Person who delivered it actually works in building the car so could address a small issue about a camera spot alignment and he give me a little insight into some of the inner workings. (remember that bonus Elon announced for the delivered vehicle (AIR one bonus for the sales person and one for the delivery)- he knew nothing about it but was getting time and a half and he said he volunteered to do deliveries as did some of his co workers)

Reactions: SMAlset
Must be some general account updating going on. I read this thread earlier in the day and then later tonight went to my app's Settings page (a friend of ours might be interested in buying a Tesla so looking for my referral code so checked the loot box and then my Account section) and guess what I saw on the Account page? Yep, just the Tesla T. I've had my Model 3 since September so not sure why my page would be affected unlike new owners' accounts. I didn't have a problem seeing my account's Manage information when I logged into the website online however.

Mine didn't work until about 10 minutes before delivery. My delivery was about 30 minutes late so a rep came in to the waiting room and had me open the app so I could see it was charging. Must be something on their end they activate at pickup...

My app stopped working a few days before delivery. I went through home delivery, and everything with the car was fine, but the app still was not working two days later (car operated fine using the keycards). I ultimately ended up calling the delivery center, and they determined that delivery had not be confirmed to them somehow (probably delivery driver related). Long story short: they changed the car's online system status, and the app was working properly within 5 minutes of talking to them. Been trouble free since then.

Why do people expect to be able to start the motor on a car, unlock the frunk, honk the horn they haven’t taken ownership yet?
Smh...

You've missed the point entirely!!!!

The app (which I used for months) shows instructional videos, shows your order, etc ALL WITHOUT ANY LINK TO THE ACTUAL CAR if you don't have the car yet.

The app suddenly not working with no notification like "update in progress" or???? is not ok. Neither the sales people nor any notice from Tesla lets one know that this (apparently) is a normal thing shortly before delivery of a car!