Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app to set up service is IDIOTIC - change my mind

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

yessuz

Dec 30, 2021
Midlands
So, this one bothers me on SO MANY LEVELS.

Other than you sometimes need millions of clicks to set up service, there is one particular feature which is the most annoying:

When you book your service you need to set up the service location. My preferred one is in Nottingham.
If during set up, in the field of "set up your address" I type in Nottingham (and chose any of the addresses in Nottingham), the default service centre, for whatever reason, is set up to Northampton. and of course, it is quite easy to miss... And funniest thing - Nottingham is not even an option!

Is it just me, or you guys notice something like this as well?

I have rarely needed any service. With that caveat I use my normal home address and in the comment field can't you request a particular location? I have only had mobile service so perhaps it's different.

I doubt anyone will change your mind!

So, this one bothers me on SO MANY LEVELS.

Other than you sometimes need millions of clicks to set up service, there is one particular feature which is the most annoying:

When you book your service you need to set up the service location. My preferred one is in Nottingham.
If during set up, in the field of "set up your address" I type in Nottingham (and chose any of the addresses in Nottingham), the default service centre, for whatever reason, is set up to Northampton. and of course, it is quite easy to miss... And funniest thing - Nottingham is not even an option!

Is it just me, or you guys notice something like this as well?
As I live between 3 service centres, all 45mins to an hour away, I'd rather it show me the available slots first, then I can maybe get a sooner service if I chose to go to one of the other sites.

Reactions: WllXM
I booked one once and the only listed site was Liverpool, some distance away. I assumed that was because there weren't any slots locally.

There were plenty of slots, the app was just broken. Tesla support phoned me to transfer the appointment as they couldnt' work out why I'd booked so far away..

My pet peeve with it, is like it's trying to sell you something. When you first start the booking you get a really close date offered, but once you've picked the centre and booked it, it could be a week or more out. They could either ditch the estimated time at the start until they're sure, or make it accurate to start.

Reactions: yessuz
I like the way the app works generally and its much preferred to having to ring a service centre and negotiate dates over the phone.

The only problem I've had is when I needed to booking my steering wheel in for a second visit and it HAD to go to a service centre, but the app kept insisting I book a mobile service because it was steering wheel related I guess.

Ended up booking it as something totally different and leaving a note - worked fine.

I've had it book me a mobile service visit (for a rear light fixture to be replaced) 2 weeks later. Fine, ok with me.

On the day of the service, when I'm expecting an ETA for the tech, I get a note in the app telling me that the work is not possible by a mobile tech and I need to bring the car in - and the next available appointment is 3 weeks later.