Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app version 4.0.0 has app re design for both car and energy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Switching between day/week/month/year moved from being a down arrow near the "Today"/date label where a drop-down menu let you select which time period, to a separate toggle switch that shows what is selected. This is just bad use of space -- the old method was easy to find and use, and now I just get another button on the screen...
I can't tell you how many times I've clicked on Today or the August 2021, only to find it no longer does anything and I have to click on the other label to choose the timeframe.

Still can't believe there's no date picker. ☹️

Con:
  • No way to select the graphs of specific sources to do a graph overlay.
  • Cant slide your finger over the graph to get specific energy use at specific times
Your second point is incorrect. If you tap and hold your finger on the chart, it will bring up the same kind of data and you can slide your finger across the chart to show the data for that specific interval point. This applies to intra-day and week / month / year charts.

Example:
Highlight Screenshot_IMG_1044.jpg

Your second point is incorrect. If you tap and hold your finger on the chart, it will bring up the same kind of data and you can slide your finger across the chart to show the data for that specific interval point. This applies to intra-day and week / month / year charts.
I noticed that if you tap on a blank part of a graph, it will try to swipe to a different day/week/month instead of showing the data. You have to actually tap and hold on part of the graph representing data for it to show the values. Actually, I take that back. I just tried again and was able to get it to show the values when touching an empty part of the graph. Not the best interface.

Just noticed another thing, vehicle charging when off-grid now lets you slide to 100% for home and nothing for vehicle, used to be 95% max for home. I like that, no intention to charge my car during outage when I have 2 supercharger locations within 5 minutes from home.
I can slide it to 100%, but it doesn’t seem to save the setting. The highest I can get it to save is 95%… must be a bug

My first impression of v4.0 is - "Did they really think this graphic was easier to read than the last???????" ...and unlike the last version, this one pops up "Check Internet Connection" all too often, even though my car is 3 feet away and that part of the app never complains. Looks like a 4.01 version needs to be released.

My first impression of v4.0 is - "Did they really think this graphic was easier to read than the last???????" ...and unlike the last version, this one pops up "Check Internet Connection" all too often, even though my car is 3 feet away and that part of the app never complains. Looks like a 4.01 version needs to be released.
Looks like 3.0 version needs to be rereleased

I REALY HATE THIS UPDATE

I know many people don’t like new updates just because of the change from what they’re used to, and I’m not that much different. I really hate this new update, not so much for the changes from what I’m used to, but more so for the changes in performance. I realize this APP is just an update to what they will change about the gateway behavior even without the update, but it’s also more than just that. The cons mentioned in a prior post out-way the Pros IMO.

I gave up on constantly switching my settings back to balanced and am letting it run on time based mode. The first thing I noticed is that the battery charges from the grid with all solar going to the house, just as it did when I first downloaded the APP. I know this is not supposed to happen.

I gave up on constantly switching my settings back to balanced and am letting it run on time based mode. The first thing I noticed is that the battery charges from the grid with all solar going to the house, just as it did when I first downloaded the APP. I know this is not supposed to happen.
What are your settings?? I’d love to let my batteries charge from grid during my free nights ;)

Reactions: bemyax