Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla assured price program email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Below the email I received today. Great way to piss a customer off ! My car is a fully loaded P85D with 135k original price. Ok, it has 50k miles, but Tesla sells 40k miles P85D for 85k.

I will go to Prosche, MB and McLaren to see how much they pay if I buy a 160k new car (P100D).

I of course responded with a not so nice email saying to give me my 691 HP I paid for and I gladly keep the car !

Joe,

First, I want to thank you for being a Tesla owner. Second, as an owner you have the benefit of our assured price program. Currently, you are able to trade in your car and receive a minimum value of $ 54,859.00.

Furthermore, would you be interested in taking a test drive and possibly upgrading your current car?

I hope to hear from you soon and thank you for your attention to this matter,

Minimum value is just that -- maybe you can get Tesla to up that significantly. I'm not a beneficiary of this now discontinued program but at least you know Tesla will give you at least that much (even if it does seem like an insulting offer its technically just a minimum offer to get the ball rolling if you do want to negotiate).

I still think they should have phrased it differently given they are asking you to take a $80k hit which seems very excessive for a 2 year old car.

Offering a sight-unseen "minimum value" is far from "all we will ever give you" and certainly not something to get pissy about. And the system just notified me that croman said pretty much the same thing.

I you are ok getting unsolicited emails with useless "sight-unseen" values without ANY thought or personal touch and knowledge/care about the customers situation, that is up to you.

I do have higher standards and expectations of the partners I deal with, especially those I give 6 figures of my hardly earned money.

However I do appreciate your avatar, I am trying to be vegan :)

I got several "You should buy a Model S" phone calls and emails from Tesla CA in Q4 because of my Model 3 reservation. In fact I had already recently bought a Model S. They stopped after I answered the email and phone. I think Tesla needs way better marketing and direct contact protocol. They are clearly inexperienced but they need to bring in a real cold call team and management rather than the people they currently have.

I you are ok getting unsolicited emails with useless "sight-unseen" values without ANY thought or personal touch and knowledge/care about the customers situation, that is up to you.

I do have higher standards and expectations of the partners I deal with, especially those I give 6 figures of my hardly earned money.

That wasn't what I was commenting on. My point had to do with your whine about the price offered, ignoring that it was a "minimum value" which could well have gone much higher once the car was inspected. I absolutely agree that their cold marketing is ham-handed and very poorly done.

However I do appreciate your avatar, I am trying to be vegan :)

"Headline: Vegetarians may live up to 9 years longer than meat-eaters. ...Nine horrible, worthless, bacon-less years." -- which I quote since I change it out frequently. I make an inordinate number of memes as part of my work, and post some of the more amusing ones as my avatar.

You bought a car from Tesla -- you didn't sign a partnership agreement with Elon Musk.

I gave Tesla $100k of my hard earned money too but unlike you I'm thankful they don't engage in fake worship at my feet for doing so, like some other companies.

The email reads nice and friendly to me but you can always "unsubscribe" to their emails if you want.

Reactions: chillaban
Jeep sends me mailings trying to buy my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.

But, unlike the OP's situation they high ball the amount where I know they won't give me that much.

I haven't received anything from Tesla, but I'm staying within the resale guarantee mileage time frame.

Generally speaking I think sending an unsolicited value for your car is poor sales/marketing.

Reactions: ThisIsTrue