Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla at 24 Heures du Mans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dpeilow

May 23, 2008
Winchester, UK
Hi,

I spotted the Roadster driving around at Le Mans on Thursday last week and then a few minutes later parked up in the paddock.

I wasn't too sure who was in it, I was too busy reaching for the camera phone. I never did see it again either (was going to try for a test ride!).

n583855413_3272976_8391.jpg

n583855413_3272977_8688.jpg

I was surprised by how *totally* silent it was.

Was anyone else there? Anyone get any pics?

Dave

Awesome! Thanks for posting your pictures.
Here are a couple links that have a few more pics:

Car News and Reviews - Autofiends.com - » News Archive » Tesla Roadster at 24 Hours of Le Mans
Not a celebrity siting with Tesla Roadster this time but almost as weird and crazy. Amongst a lineup of the likes of Ferrari FXX, Gumpert Apollo, Spyker, and Koeniggseggs reving their motors to oblivion in the supercar portion of the totally crazy Driver’s Parade, out rolls (silently!) a black Tesla Roadster with UK license plates. Kind of surreal!
teslallemans2.jpg

Car News and Reviews - Autofiends.com - » News Archive » Tesla Roadster at Le Mans: In Pits: Matt Damon Not Driving
Tesla%20in%20Pits2.jpg

Tesla%20in%20Pits4.jpg

AP and DS out having some fun there!
As far as I can tell they have the one car (VP12) making the grand tour of Europe (even though those other sites are assuming multiple black roadsters).

Yes this is the same car they used in Oslo, I remember the license plate number. And that is what Tesla's twitter pages says, they'll be taking the car down to Le Mans after their scandinavian trip.

Cobos

Wouldn't it be a tad faster with the top on?
Probably faster, but not as fun. I'm surprised they weren't required to wear helmets, however.

Does anyone know which drivetrain/transmission is in VP12? Photos of the center console show the 1-speed configuration (R-N-D), but shots in the video of the instrument cluster appear to show it partially updated to P-R-N-1. (The original 2-speed had P-R-N-1-2 and the updated 1-speed has P-R-N-D.) So does VP12 has drivetrain 1.0 locked in high gear or is it running drivetrain 1.5.

Last edited:
Doug: After what the Tesla guy said in Oslo this car has the 1.0 drivetrain locked in second gear. They just updated the gear shifter visuals so it looks like the 1.5 drivetrain.
Thanks, Cobos.

Has this video been pulled? Seems to be the only one not working now.
Works for me. You might try restarting your browser.