Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Atlanta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
morning Tesla family. my anticipated delivery date for my MY Performance is august 7th. as i am sure you all know, the excitement is REAL! i already have about $600 in accessories waiting patiently in the closet and ordered wheels and tires. all that being said…. if you are in the Atlanta area and had PPF installed, drop the company name and if you’d recommend them.

thanks in advance and love to me some folks when i am officially in the crew.

Reactions: GeezerSquid
Hey welcome to the party, pal.

im in Roswell. I bought mine used so it already had PPF but check out tint world near PDK. I went down there last week and talked with them, apparently they do a lot of very high end cars. There was what looked like a plaid in there when I went, had the yoke steering wheel and all. Cool place and nice people…. They may be pricey tho.

what color ?

Hey welcome to the party, pal.

im in Roswell. I bought mine used so it already had PPF but check out tint world near PDK. I went down there last week and talked with them, apparently they do a lot of very high end cars. There was what looked like a plaid in there when I went, had the yoke steering wheel and all. Cool place and nice people…. They may be pricey tho.

what color ?
good info! thank you! i went all black (exterior/interior/aftermarket VMR V802 matte black wheels).

I strongly suggest contacting Derek with Atlanta Protective Films for ppf. I've had ppf done on six cars in the last four years. Also, don't fall victim to thinking a shop is legit because they work on high end cars. All of these tint, ppf, and detail shops in the area work on high end cars.

Reactions: asierra02
Doesn’t the model Y come with tinted windows?

think rear are tinted by not front. technically illegal but you can get an optometrist prescription for 20% front

technically it is always 12 o'clock somewhere.... so you can always drink. cheers to the weekend!!
The rear windows may be dark in color; however, they have no material heat rejection or UV blocking properties. You will need to tint the rear windows if you're looking for heat rejection and UV blocking performance. Also, the rear windows are not illegal. Check the H.B. 20 GA tint law for specifics.

Reactions: asierra02
I strongly suggest contacting Derek with Atlanta Protective Films for ppf. I've had ppf done on six cars in the last four years. Also, don't fall victim to thinking a shop is legit because they work on high end cars. All of these tint, ppf, and detail shops in the area work on high end cars.
good call. i’m stuck between AP3 and Clear Film. both have amazing ratings and we’re very professional on the phone. time to do a drop by and make a choice.

I meant 20% Tint on front windows is illegal

if anyone has tint shop suggestions im all ears. I haven’t worked with tint world just spoke with owner and saw the shop And work first hand and looked very good. But there’s lots of those places so if people know others post thrm. Im getting 50-70 on windshield and 20 on the roof. Both ceramic film. Tint worked quoted like $450 for that.

also anyone know of a detailed that can polish deep scratches out of my headlight ?

I meant 20% Tint on front windows is illegal

if anyone has tint shop suggestions im all ears. I haven’t worked with tint world just spoke with owner and saw the shop And work first hand and looked very good. But there’s lots of those places so if people know others post thrm. Im getting 50-70 on windshield and 20 on the roof. Both ceramic film. Tint worked quoted like $450 for that.

also anyone know of a detailed that can polish deep scratches out of my headlight ?
I would approach it another way. Shop by film and then select the shop. Caveat emptor tinting the roof. The glass roof is susceptible to cracking when tinted. Search the forums for threads on this. There are several options for tint and detailer, happy to chat about options if you prefer.

morning Tesla family. my anticipated delivery date for my MY Performance is august 7th. as i am sure you all know, the excitement is REAL! i already have about $600 in accessories waiting patiently in the closet and ordered wheels and tires. all that being said…. if you are in the Atlanta area and had PPF installed, drop the company name and if you’d recommend them.

thanks in advance and love to me some folks when i am officially in the crew.
Hands down AP3 Atlanta. I actually drove all the way from St Louis MO to have them stealth wrap my white Y. Highly recommend. They also have the cutters to fit tint right up to the window edge. Excellent work and 10 year warranty on their PPF.

I would approach it another way. Shop by film and then select the shop. Caveat emptor tinting the roof. The glass roof is susceptible to cracking when tinted. Search the forums for threads on this. There are several options for tint and detailer, happy to chat about options if you prefer.
Incorrect. The roof is not susceptible to cracking from tint. I’ve created several threads and there are thousands of people (myself included) with tinted roofs. My tint shops does 10-15 roofs a week.