Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla BEV Competition Developments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7.5 tonne electric truck for customers at a facility in Tilbury, Essex, after receiving European type approval .......... aim of selling 1,000 vehicles in 2023. It has had test vehicles on the road with the delivery company UPS since late 2019. ........ Tevva is not the first company to produce electric lorries in the UK: the Dutch lorrymaker DAF Trucks builds its 19-tonne LF Electric at its Leyland subsidiary in Lancashire. However, DAF is not producing hundreds of trucks a year on a production line. The Tevva trucks will have a 140-miles range from a 105kWh battery, which is nearly double the size of those used in a standard electric car.

7.5 tonne, 105kWh, 140 miles but probably half that in real world. But can definitely still find a good niche in high traffic cities where warehouse is close.

More on the Britishvolt debacle. Personally it seems to me that in Brexshit Britain they will be lucky to retain even one car plant - most likely the Nissan Sunderland one. That seems to be the only one that might have the scale to adopt castings technology and the only one that has a battery supply solution that passes the laught test. All the others appear to simply be drains down which taxpayer subsidies can be endlessly poured so that Brexshit politicians can ward off the inevitable a little longer.

No clue how this will be able to compete with the model Y. Seems to lack in comparison of most/all metrics and way more expensive. Basically an expensive city car.

2023 Mercedes-Benz EQB 350 4Matic: A Crossover Aimed at Tesla Model Y

It will appeal to those that want a "normal" SUV .

That just happens to have an electric powertrain. And don't need the car for road trips. Two car families that will keep an ICEv or someone that hasn't roundtripped the last decade.

It won't sell upwards of 1M units worldwide this year like Model Y.

I am sure sales will meet MB expectations.

Toyota bz4x is out, and has been tested for winter driving.
- real world range in -10c around 250km, 50% of claimed range
- no battery preheating, after 200km driving fast charging charged 75km in 30 minutes, average rate of 38kw
- fast charging has been limited to 2 charges/24 hours

I'm not sure if this is a joke or what it is

1674504344918.png

Toyota bz4x is out, and has been tested for winter driving.
- real world range in -10c around 250km, 50% of claimed range
- no battery preheating, after 200km driving fast charging charged 75km in 30 minutes, average rate of 38kw
- fast charging has been limited to 2 charges/24 hours

I'm not sure if this is a joke or what it is
I like it, but if history is any indication if they do build it it won't look that good.
But at least you'll look much more manly standing next to it than next to a sedan like the Model 3.

• Funny
Reactions: navguy12
Not strictly a BEV competitor but may still be of interest

Octopus + Enphase = VPP in Texas (note, it is Octopus that owns the Kraken software platform which is used by quite a few utilities around the world)

Reactions: Fred42
What BEVs are exported from the USA to the EU?

Model X and Model S.
Mercedes EQS SUV and EQE SUV

Planned exportation from USA to EU
Lucid Air (eventually will be exported from Saudi Arabia)
Rivian R1S and R1T (Rivian was already looking for European factory)
Cadillac Celestiq?

Mach-e is manufactured in Mexico.

American manufactured BEVs already pay a 10% tariff into the EU making them far less competitive.

BMW X5 PHEV if PHEVs are included in the European IRA.