Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Charge Port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Made this awhile back. Just providing context...
cIoUzZK.png

Made this awhile back. Just providing context...
cIoUzZK.png

I love the diagram!!! Thank you!

So I am planning to build a new house. I am going to pre wire the garage for EV’s.

The trick is that there is no consensus about where to put the danged charging connections.

To me, it is obvious to put it on the driver side so that you can easily plug/unplug as you get in and out of the car.

Ugh, this really this does need to be standardized. :-(

Every spot has issues but the left rear is not ideal.
The debate about parking spots front forward or rear facing will never be resolved. IMO front is faster and that wins out over anything.

But - the undeniable - IMO - most people pull front forward into garage and it is almost always easier to install a plug on the wall opposite the garage door than in the garage door.
Second - street side charging. In the US we park with the right side to the curb on 2 way streets. So if it is sided - it should be on the right. I parked at a curb side 4 days ago - thankfully a super long cord but clunky to have it draped over the car. I am staring at my garage trying to figure the best place to put the plug. We just went from a Leaf to a 3. Right now I just park the 3 in the S's spot once a week. Backed in.
I knew the Leaf was short lived when we built but there is no logical place to put the plug. I will probably move it to the ceiling and come up with a hanging system. Ridiculous. 2 car garage. I back the S in - makes sense with our drive but the other side make sense to pull in forward.