Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Chrome Trim Quality Failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Trim Issues.JPG

This appears to be a very common issue w/ all new Teslas.

The chrome trim doesn't fit right. I've attached one pic example, but this could be true on any chrome portion of your vehicle.

The are off.

Everyone who's getting new delivery should keep an eye out for this and make it an issue.

Tesla needs to improve their quality control and stop passing on cars to enthusiast customers because they think we'll all overlook these quality fails.

Every car seems to be inflicted with this problem to some degree.

A problem associated w/ the chrome trim is how they attach the rubber gaskets. Another QC fail.

I'd like to repost something I have on another thread....

A couple of weeks ago, I was at a Supercharger station and was talking to another X owner. He was quite happy with the car.

We were talking and I mentioned some of the quality issues I notice that Tesla's had and said that I hoped Tesla would get their act together..

He said he must be "lucky" because he had NO problems w/ his car... I said.. "are you sure, let's go take a look..."

So we went over to his X that was charging up a few stalls away from mine, and I must have pointed out at least 3 fitment/trim issues he didn't notice, including a piece of plastic somewhere on the rear body that was obviously "loose".. MISFITTED RUBBER GASKETS TOO.

He was shocked and LIVID....

I reminded him to be calm and bring it up to the service center... Explained to him again, that Tesla's just do not appear to be manufactured w/ the highest level of standards you'd expect from a Lexus, MB, Audi BMW etc..

He was ready to bite some heads off as soon as he could get to a service center...

So many Tesla owners are so pre-occupied w/ the hype, the 17" screen, the auto-pilot, the battery etc.. that we forget to notice the quality standards we come to expect from any other car company...

This makes no sense.
Are you saying tesla is truly unable of lining up two pieces of plastic?

As baffling as that sounds...

Sadly.. it appears so.

Go visit a Tesla dealership yourself... and look at all the cars on the lot. New and pre-owned...

This is not from my own observation, but from conversations w/ service personnel and service managers..

"WITHIN THE MARGIN OF QUALITY"

As baffling as that sounds...

Sadly.. it appears so.

Go visit a Tesla dealership yourself... and look at all the cars on the lot. New and pre-owned...

This is not from my own observation, but from conversations w/ service personnel and service managers..

"WITHIN THE MARGIN OF QUALITY"
Except you have users here who have said they had their issues fixed. ...

Yes, brand new Model S owner and been driving and Model X for a month...

What's shocking to me is how poorly these cars are made in terms of fitment and trim...

I am hoping and wishing that Tesla raises their quality level if enough owners stop overlooking them...

View attachment 217279

This appears to be a very common issue w/ all new Teslas.

The chrome trim doesn't fit right. I've attached one pic example, but this could be true on any chrome portion of your vehicle.

The are off.

Everyone who's getting new delivery should keep an eye out for this and make it an issue.

Tesla needs to improve their quality control and stop passing on cars to enthusiast customers because they think we'll all overlook these quality fails.

Every car seems to be inflicted with this problem to some degree.

A problem associated w/ the chrome trim is how they attach the rubber gaskets. Another QC fail.

I have the same issue. My trim panels are not aligned.

As others have repeatedly said, call Tesla service and they will make it perfect. My late 2016 90D had slightly misaligned chrome. I called them and they sent a ranger over who fixed it perfectly in 15 minutes at my house. After watching him make the repair I believe I could to it myself easily. Don't stress, call service. Then will make it right. Chill.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones