Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Corsa 2nd Event is Jan 27th!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kbecks13

Dec 27, 2017
SoCal
Not sure if you guys have heard about these events, but essentially they are Tesla only track days where you can take your car out on the track with other Tesla owners and go fast!

This is meant for everyone, even people who have never even seen a racetrack before. If you are curious i would strongly suggest signing up and promise you will have an absolute blast, don't feel intimidated or pressured - everyone can go their own pace (literally).

The 2nd event will be held at Buttonwillow Raceway near Bakersfield CA on January 27th (Sunday). There are two different supercharger stations within 15 minutes of the track (Buttonwillow and Bakersfield) that can be used before and during the event.

Check it out here: Tesla Corsa | The world's first Tesla-only track day experience!

What Buttonwillow looks like in a Model 3 following another Model 3:

Reactions: SD_Engnr
I’m hoping to make it. I signed up...as a spectator :cool:

Haha that's what i did for the first one and then 2 days before the event i changed my mind and decided to hit the track and it was a blast. Now i'm hooked and have been to the track 2x more times since the 1st event :D

Even without running on the track, its a lot of fun to chat with other Tesla owners and nerd out about our cars :)

Unplugged started a thread already:

Crap, that makes sense...i totally missed that :oops:

Not sure if you guys have heard about these events, but essentially they are Tesla only track days where you can take your car out on the track with other Tesla owners and go fast!

This is meant for everyone, even people who have never even seen a racetrack before. If you are curious i would strongly suggest signing up and promise you will have an absolute blast, don't feel intimidated or pressured - everyone can go their own pace (literally).

The 2nd event will be held at Buttonwillow Raceway near Bakersfield CA on January 27th (Sunday). There are two different supercharger stations within 15 minutes of the track (Buttonwillow and Bakersfield) that can be used before and during the event.

Check it out here: Tesla Corsa | The world's first Tesla-only track day experience!

What Buttonwillow looks like in a Model 3 following another Model 3:
After how many laps did you start seeing acceleration limitation due to overheat?

What time does the event start?

I think you need to be there around 730ish, drivers meeting is around 8. Many people drive up the night before and stay at the Buttonwillow Inn for like $40, its also literally next to the supercharger.

After how many laps did you start seeing acceleration limitation due to overheat?

Maybe 2-3 full speed laps after a warm-up lap, but you only do 6-7 full speed laps per session anyway. Oddly enough my best time with full power was a 2:18 and then even with power limiting i still did a 2:20, so it's not a massive reduction in power like you might see on a Model S.

Last edited:
Are most participants stock? Or suspension, brake and wider tires are a must?

Most people are totally stock, i'd say only 25-30% have modifications based on the first event. You really don't need upgrades unless you're going for a fast time. I ran totally stock the first time and had a ton of fun (even without track mode).

If it's your first time on a track, I think it's actually better to run stock before doing any modifications. The stock car is actually pretty darn capable!

Last edited: