Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Corsa Plaid Laguna Seca Update 8/1/21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh I should add that the car is certainly more than fast enough to overwhelm it's own electronics on power too (no surprise), and I'm sure Pobst is able to take advantage of that. I made the above sound like Pobst was doing everything off power. But going through 1 for instance, the car is so fast there is no way I'm staying on throttle...it's too fast and there's no electronics on the planet that are going to hold that 5000 pound ship together if things get weird! But a skilled driver I'm sure can work some magic right there and make up some serious time.

Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
With a .208 (or something like it) CoD, I suspect the issue is cooling flow to the brakes. SuperSport series type cars normally have brake cooling ducting built into the upright. The Plaid is like a sealed off unit. Rotors are vented but there does not seem to be a concentrated attempt to supply the ID with fresh air. I think they are relying on disk thermal inertia for emergency stops and never intended the brakes to be tracked.
Don't the two "nostrils" in the nose help do that or are you saying they are not enough?

MB and Porsche have to have options to sell cars. Tesla does not as no one can compete on base technology. That is not a defense but more a stark assessment of what is best for Tesla. Options are a distraction and that company does not need distractions.

I did floating AP rotors via Essex for my Elise (Sport 190 before the Toyota motor) and that addressed my brake issues on that car on the track.

Beware
The Elise is a gateway (drug) car
It leads to-
Chevron
Spice
ChampCar
:)
In my case it lead to F2000 and BMWCCA instructing. That’s enough. I wouldn’t say no to a ChampCar gig though. 😂

For the brakes titanium shims/track pads, better disks and good brake fluid did the trick.

I had full downforce from Reverie and a supercharger pushing 300hp. My friend is barely matching my times from 10years ago in his new 992 TTS. These cars were good.

it's a waste to have so many options when you are supply limited....I don't think Mercedes and Porsche have been supply limited. maybe now w/ EV versions but I really doubt those aren't demand limited too right
I understand. I just wanted to point out how limited Tesla is production wise at the moment. Almost 0 options, only 5 colors and they can’t deliver cars to save their lives.

The worst for me is the color options. I am not a fan of the red Tesla offers, their blue is too dark, MSM is boring, the white is okayish and the black is well, black. Mercedes has something like 4 or 5 different silver colors. Porsche has PTS plus numerous cool colors. I love my car and can’t wait for my Plaid, but Tesla is trailing on what I/some would consider basic stuff. But they sell like hotcakes and really don’t have the production capacity so it’s not gonna get better anytime soon.