Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla crash in Kelowna

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder how body shops will ever repair damage to the Falcon doors. If the factory has a hard enough time getting them to line up, I can't imagine a body shop having much luck ever getting the doors aligned properly after a side collision.

I took the original photos of this accident in Kelowna, British Columbia. The media only posted two photos. I took a series of pictures showing the position of the vehicles in relation to each other. There were 4 vehicles involved in the collision. There is a short video as
well. They haven't released any other details on the exact cause.
IMG_2842.JPG
IMG_2844.JPG
IMG_2845.JPG
IMG_2846.JPG
IMG_2847.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Az_Rael
The gold vehicle appears to have front end damage, so I'd wager it was the gold one that hit the Civic. The X could have hit the gold vehicle into the Civic though...

Yeah. It's just weird that the X is the only car without rear end damage, which would make you think it was at the back end of the whole thing, but then it's positioned right in the middle in the photos. I am guessing whoever hit the Civic then veered into the RH lane and continued forward.

The article said it was two, two-car collisions.

No word yet if AP was involved, but it does seem that Auto Emergency Braking didn't seem to work.

If it was two, two car collisions how did the Honda get hit in the front and back. That would seem to be at least a three car collision to me.

I don't know how you can say that it seems like AEB didn't work, we don't have enough details. (And remember AEB will only reduce the impact speed by 25 MPH.)

If it was two, two car collisions how did the Honda get hit in the front and back. That would seem to be at least a three car collision to me.

I don't know how you can say that it seems like AEB didn't work, we don't have enough details. (And remember AEB will only reduce the impact speed by 25 MPH.)

That's what the article said "A witness on the scene said it looked like there were two separate collisions, with the second one caused by the drivers trying to avoid the first. "

Good point, I still can't believe Tesla's AEB will only reduce the speed by 25mph instead of bringing the vehicle to a stop or near stop. That system seems so antiquated. At this price range you'd expect something up to date, even class leading, but Tesla's current AEB is neither of those and should be updated ASAP.

That's what the article said "A witness on the scene said it looked like there were two separate collisions, with the second one caused by the drivers trying to avoid the first. "

Good point, I still can't believe Tesla's AEB will only reduce the speed by 25mph instead of bringing the vehicle to a stop or near stop. That system seems so antiquated. At this price range you'd expect something up to date, even class leading, but Tesla's current AEB is neither of those and should be updated ASAP.

KZKZ, Mercedes called. Your check is ready. Should I have them mail it to you?

• Funny
Reactions: JohnSnowNW

But that would make it 3 two car collisions. (Honda rear ends truck, Gold car rear ends Honda, Model X rear ends gold car. Or something like that.)

It will be interesting if we get more details of just how that happened.