Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cross-Country Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my car, 17% is about 23 rated miles. Are you sure that it's 45 rated miles on yours. At 23 rated miles, the charge should still be at ~120kW, and I think we have a few pictures of other users getting just over 120kW hours already so they seem to match up with that. Now the 17% shown, and the the likely lowering they have on the other hand.....:)

Peter

Agreed, and also, since they are at 17%, that would be about 45 rated miles, they should be on the taper, but are at 122kWh. Are they charging at 135kWh peak?

Tracking the progress here..Catch Tesla LA-NY Trip Team - Page 2

If somebody happen to meet them could you plz notify us further in the thread mentioned above

Twitter update, team finished charging at Rapid City, SD supercharger @ 17:30. This is roughly same spot where a fan spotted them @ 15:30. I think twitter update may be an hour behind, but not much.

Updated arrival times
Rapid City, SD - 17:00 ET
Murdo, SD - 19:00 ET
Worthington, MN - 22:00 to 2300 ET
Albert Lea, MN - 1:00 ET
Madison, WI - 6:00 ET
Rockford, IL - 7:00 ET

You skipped Mitchell, SD.
We are currently estimating 2-3am ET for Albert Lea.

@Zythyrn, Mitchell added. Is your group trying to meet up any MN superchargers?
@J&Rhousing, thank you for a quick update.

There are a couple of us contemplating it.
Albert Lea will be the spot. If they are making 20-30 minute supercharger stops that should put them there 1:30-2am. I don't think they will skip any.
If they hit Mitchell about 9pm I'll lean more towards 2am, if 8:45, 1:30.
If they get to Mitchell before 8:30 I will get to the Albert Lea Applebee's before they close at 1am;-)

There are a couple of us contemplating it.
Albert Lea will be the spot. If they are making 20-30 minute supercharger stops that should put them there 1:30-2am. I don't think they will skip any.
If they hit Mitchell about 9pm I'll lean more towards 2am, if 8:45, 1:30.
If they get to Mitchell before 8:30 I will get to the Albert Lea Applebee's before they close at 1am;-)

I applaud your group for meeting them so late.

For anyone seeing the group at an SC please post the info. I will try to meet them at Delaware SC.

It looked to me like they have the 19's withe the cyclone rims.

Easy enough to check if someone who meets them at an SC can check. Other question: Did they need chains thru the Colorado snow/mountains? What tires are they running? Doing anything special to conserve KWs? Air suspension? 6.0 Firmware?

On my car, 17% is about 23 rated miles. Are you sure that it's 45 rated miles on yours. At 23 rated miles, the charge should still be at ~120kW, and I think we have a few pictures of other users getting just over 120kW hours already so they seem to match up with that. Now the 17% shown, and the the likely lowering they have on the other hand.....:)

Peter

If 100% is 200-250 rated miles, how is 17% only 23 rated miles?

While that could be if they are shifting everything they show to the driver under 6.0 but the pic they show also shows the battery bar, which also looks to be about 17% SOC. Under 5.8 (and before) the SOC is correctly displayed in the battery bar. (i.e. when my range is at 0, the display bar shows ~8% SOC).

Peter

I had assumed 17% of 265 as these look like or are most likely new batteries with 6.x FW

I put together a little spreadsheet to track their progress. They were averaging about 60 MPH in the west, but it looks like they did over 70 from Murdo to Mitchell (and a Twitter photo showed them going 72). If we assume 70 MPH, here would be my estimated arrival and departure times, edited after APhysician caught my time zone error. Follow twitter of course for better accuracy as they approach if you wish to meet them.

Madison: arrive 6:40 AM CST / leave 7:04 AM CST
Highland Park: arrive 9:05 AM CST / leave 9:27 AM CST (I'm guessing they will go this way because otherwise they would have a relatively long charge with more taper at Rockford)
Mishawaka: arrive 12:19 PM EST / leave 12:30 PM EST
Angola: arrive 1:26 PM EST / leave 1:38 PM EST
Maumee: arrive 2:41 PM EST / leave 3:02 PM EST
Macedonia: arrive 3:50 PM EST / leave 5:23 EST
Somerset: arrive 7:53 PM EST / leave 8:12 PM EST
Hagerstown: arrive 9:45 PM EST / leave 10:08 EST
Newark: arrive 2/2 12:01 AM EST / leave 12:24 AM EST
New York City: arrive 2/2 2:19 AM EST

Last edited:
Updated arrival times - little different calculation from the above post (2 hours behind). Will be interesting to see where they go. Signing out now. Hopefully folks on west coast can keep us updated. Will pick up progress again at 6:00 am.

Rapid City, SD - 17:00 ET (Confirmed)
Murdo, SD - 19:30 ET (Confirmed)
Mitchell, SD - 23:00 ET (confirmed)
Worthington, MN - 1:15 to 2:00ET (May skip)
Albert Lea, MN - 3:30 to 4:00 ET
La Crosse, WI - 6:00 ET (May skip)
Mauston, WI - 7:00 ET to 7:30 ET
Madison, WI - 8:00 ET to 8:30 ET
Rockford, IL - 9:30 ET (May skip)
Mishawaka, IN - 13:00 ET
Angola, IN - 14:00 ET (will skip)
Maumee, OH - 15:30 ET
Macedonia, OH - 17:30 ET