Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla CVRP Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have delivery scheduled for Wed but I want to hold off till model y is actually listed on cvrp website because they may not go retroactive
Agree, I would do the same. I would also check in with CVRP regarding the February 28 changes to their rebate amount if you qualify for the increased rebate. I doubt they would do a retroactive change for that as well.

Agree, I would do the same. I would also check in with CVRP regarding the February 28 changes to their rebate amount if you qualify for the increased rebate. I doubt they would do a retroactive change for that as well.
According to my reserach, if we buy vehicle lets say in 2 weeks when Tesla is eligible, we have to wait till feb 28 to apply for rebate... then we are eligible for increased rebate

Is there a limit to how many rebates we can get per household? I received one in 2017 (chevy) and another in 2020 (Honda). I purchased a M3 12/30/22and a Y 1/25/22.
Seems like from other posts that the CVRP rebate won't be retroactive. Only those who take delivery once the vehicles are added to their eligibility list once again will be able to apply for the rebate (as far as I understand). Therefore, I believe most people who are hoping to get the rebate are pushing their delivery dates out as much as possible.

Reactions: windnsea26
Thanks for pointing this part out. Looks like I'm ineligible:
Individual and business applicants are not eligible to receive more than one CVRP rebate either via direct purchase and/or lease as of December 3, 2019. Applicants who have not already met their rebate limit prior to December 3, 2019, will be eligible for one additional rebate. Those that have already met their two-rebate limit will remain ineligible for an additional rebate.

Reactions: cwerdna
According to my reserach, if we buy vehicle lets say in 2 weeks when Tesla is eligible, we have to wait till feb 28 to apply for rebate... then we are eligible for increased rebate
Can you provide a screenshot of the message you received confirming Tesla applied? I tried contacting CVRP and they replied saying contact Tesla for an update

They also said that the vehicle must be delivered on or after feb 28 to qualify for the increased rebate.

Received this response from my email to order support:
Hello,
Thank you for reaching out again, at this time Tesla has not applied to be a part of CVRP. Should we be affiliated with the program at a future date it would be officially announced. We cannot guarantee nor advise if it will or will not occur in the future but can definitively say it is not right now.
Best wishes,
Janay Cameron

Inside Operations Advisor

It looks like M3 and MY will be added to the CVRP eligibility list soon. The wording on the Eligible Vehicles page now says "Tesla Model 3 and Model Y may be eligible for a CVRP rebate. See details and apply." and the details page says the following:

Tesla orders placed on or after January 12, 2023

You may be eligible for a CVRP rebate if you ordered a Tesla Model 3 or Model Y on or after January 12, 2023. To be eligible, the vehicle must be on the CVRP eligible vehicles page within 90 days of first registration. Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements.

It looks like M3 and MY will be added to the CVRP eligibility list soon. The wording on the Eligible Vehicles page now says "Tesla Model 3 and Model Y may be eligible for a CVRP rebate. See details and apply." and the details page says the following:

Tesla orders placed on or after January 12, 2023

You may be eligible for a CVRP rebate if you ordered a Tesla Model 3 or Model Y on or after January 12, 2023. To be eligible, the vehicle must be on the CVRP eligible vehicles page within 90 days of first registration. Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements.
Please provide the exact webpage that reads: "Tesla Model 3 and Model Y may be eligible for a CVRP rebate. See details and apply." I cannot find that.

I had emailed CVRP asking about if the Feb 28 change will be retroactive now that Tesla is eligible once again. This is the response I received:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email. We apologize for any confusion. The latest Tesla FAQ's on our website are intended for applicants to keep checking the website for Tesla updates. As of now, Tesla is not an eligible vehicle, but Tesla is in discussions with CARB to possibly come back online with us as an eligible vehicle. Please visit our website frequently for any Tesla updates.

CVRP Staff
Center for Sustainable Energy®

So not only did they not address my actual question, but basically gave me another vague response that at this time Tesla isn’t eligible

I had emailed CVRP asking about if the Feb 28 change will be retroactive now that Tesla is eligible once again. This is the response I received:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email. We apologize for any confusion. The latest Tesla FAQ's on our website are intended for applicants to keep checking the website for Tesla updates. As of now, Tesla is not an eligible vehicle, but Tesla is in discussions with CARB to possibly come back online with us as an eligible vehicle. Please visit our website frequently for any Tesla updates.

CVRP Staff
Center for Sustainable Energy®

So not only did they not address my actual question, but basically gave me another vague response that at this time Tesla isn’t eligible
Seems to me they answered the question? Tesla is not eligible at the moment.

*IF* Teslas are added back, it is retroactive, but only within 90 days of registering your vehicle. So if you took delivery 1/12 and Teslas aren’t added until 4/15, you wouldn’t be eligible.

Seems like we should all be fine as long as the 3/Y are added back by 4/11 and we submit the application immediately

• Helpful
Reactions: chobra