Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla CVRP Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to me they answered the question? Tesla is not eligible at the moment.

*IF* Teslas are added back, it is retroactive, but only within 90 days of registering your vehicle. So if you took delivery 1/12 and Teslas aren’t added until 4/15, you wouldn’t be eligible.

Seems like we should all be fine as long as the 3/Y are added back by 4/11 and we submit the application immediately
My question to them was actually about the February 28 CVRP rebate amount increase, and if that would be retroactive or not.

Looks like the CVRP website has confirmed that Tesla has submitted the request for Model 3 and Model Y.

You may be eligible for a CVRP rebate if you ordered a Tesla Model 3 or Model Y on or after January 12, 2023. To be eligible, the vehicle must be on the CVRP eligible vehicles page, and you must apply, within 90 days of registering your vehicle. The Model 3 and Model Y’s vehicle eligibility request is currently under review. Once the request has been approved and the vehicle is added to the eligibility list, you may submit an application. Please continue to check the eligible vehicle list as the list is updated regularly. Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements.

I had emailed CVRP asking about if the Feb 28 change will be retroactive now that Tesla is eligible once again. This is the response I received:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email. We apologize for any confusion. The latest Tesla FAQ's on our website are intended for applicants to keep checking the website for Tesla updates. As of now, Tesla is not an eligible vehicle, but Tesla is in discussions with CARB to possibly come back online with us as an eligible vehicle. Please visit our website frequently for any Tesla updates.

CVRP Staff
Center for Sustainable Energy®

So not only did they not address my actual question, but basically gave me another vague response that at this time Tesla isn’t eligible
Looks like the tesla model 3 and Y are now mentioned in the eligible list Eligible Vehicles | Clean Vehicle Rebate Project.