TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla DashCam Not Working (no icon)

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by apilot, May 17, 2019.

1. apilot

apilot Member

The Tesla Dash Cam icon no longer appears (for last month or so). I've spent the last few days trying everything, resetting the Model X, formatting various USB sticks (on both Mac and PC with diskpart, 3rd party programs, etc.), tried SD card in USB reader, etc., etc. Still nothing.

Anyone else running into this? Seemed to have started with 2019.12.x and has continued with 2019.16.1.

Super frustrating!

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Works fine for me 12.1 MCU1 AP2.5 2018 P100

Since folks have diff versions software , hardware etc..hard for you to get help without putting relevant info for folks to compare against ;)

3. apilot

apilot Member

Ok, so it turns out the front two USB ports on my X are dead. :( Made service appt.

4. puhiniho

puhiniho Member

Curious, how do you know your ports are dead? Since mine updated to 19.2 recently, my dashcam no longer works either. The USB ports are lit but don't seem to work. I'l need to test if it charges my phone, but that won't test if the data portion is dead. Thx!

5. apilot

apilot Member

I originally used a USB Power tester like this:
    https://amzn.to/2KjWqjh
    But then realized you can simply plug in the phone to see if it charges.

6. apilot

apilot Member

It suddenly started working again. It hadn't worked for a couple of weeks then went up to the snow, Sentry Mode was triggered (full alarm) and then it worked. Very odd. Now powers the phone again as well.

Not clear if the Sentry Alarm activation reset it or the cold / snow temps.

7. apilot

apilot Member

Service couldn't find any issues now that it's working again. Have to wait until it goes out again.

8. MS 60

MS 60 Member

Mines not working either. 2018 MXP100D, with v10 2020.20.17. Has not been working for over two months and at least 3 OTA updates.