Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla DashCam Not Working (no icon)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla Dash Cam icon no longer appears (for last month or so). I've spent the last few days trying everything, resetting the Model X, formatting various USB sticks (on both Mac and PC with diskpart, 3rd party programs, etc.), tried SD card in USB reader, etc., etc. Still nothing.

Anyone else running into this? Seemed to have started with 2019.12.x and has continued with 2019.16.1.

Super frustrating!

Works fine for me 12.1 MCU1 AP2.5 2018 P100

Since folks have diff versions software , hardware etc..hard for you to get help without putting relevant info for folks to compare against ;)

Ok, so it turns out the front two USB ports on my X are dead. :( Made service appt.

Curious, how do you know your ports are dead? Since mine updated to 19.2 recently, my dashcam no longer works either. The USB ports are lit but don't seem to work. I'l need to test if it charges my phone, but that won't test if the data portion is dead. Thx!

It suddenly started working again. It hadn't worked for a couple of weeks then went up to the snow, Sentry Mode was triggered (full alarm) and then it worked. Very odd. Now powers the phone again as well.

Not clear if the Sentry Alarm activation reset it or the cold / snow temps.