Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla - Dead for 10 years (CleanTechnica)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought TSLA back when it was under 200 (average 180), sold it all to help buy a home about 2 years ago at something like 280. After taking delivery of my P3D I went back in at double my original dollar investment and plan to do some more. If they are even close to a profit and able to make cars this advanced I have few worries that their stock will be at 4 or 500 in the near future.

*knocks on wood

Good article offering some perspective on all the silly “Tesla is dead” stories over the years. Yet the stories keep coming from the trolls and the shorts. They live in their own bubble of self-delusion. A pathology that has recently infected a bit less than half of the US voting population.
Tesla - Dead for 10 years

Great perspective, @ZachShahan - thanks. Shame they're dying now (again) so CleanTechnica will have no Tesla stories to post any more!

Soon.

Real soon.

Honest.

For reals this time.

• Disagree
Reactions: voip-ninja
Disagree. I don't think it's emotional or political. I think it's pure greed. The big shorters are trying to keep stock suppressed so they can get out without losing their a**es.
Now maybe, but I think the shorts began that way. I think one way or another the stock is going to pop soon. Either they fail to hit numbers and start to have real money problems, or things go well and all those shorts are called. I hope it's the latter.

Disagree. I don't think it's emotional or political. I think it's pure greed. The big shorters are trying to keep stock suppressed so they can get out without losing their a**es.
I do wonder how much of the shorting is fully exposed and how much has a less expensive out, via options or they are shorting using options to start with.

But the motivation for actively spinning FUD goes far beyond TSLA stock shorting. The automotive industry itself hangs in the balance as well as deep implications for the economics in the energy industry, particularly the oil portion of oil & gas.

EDIT: I mean besides selling these pieces as basically entertainment, giving the people a show that says what they want to hear and confirm their desires and mental map of reality. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited: