Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla drops prices on X/S $20k. All colors free. Bye bye resale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called a few dealers looking to get a 22 S for around 65k. They are clueless on the price drop and don't seem to care. Kept telling me they paid more than 75k for the car. They need to get religion fast.
Yea, all of those Model S that dealerships have are going to collect dust. None of them have reduced price. There are some USED 2022 Model S for the same price as a brand new Model S from Tesla. Lmao.

Yea, all of those Model S that dealerships have are going to collect dust. None of them have reduced price. There are some USED 2022 Model S for the same price as a brand new Model S from Tesla. Lmao.
Strangely, even Tesla doesn't seem to have figured it out yet. They want 70k for a used 2022 model on their own website. Seems a bit high to me. I'm content to wait it out and enjoy my RS3 until the right deal comes along.

I certainly feel bad for folks upside down due to recent price drops. I'm gonna be listing my MS for sale soon when my MXP VIN gets assigned, so I'm in the boat with you folks. Can't say I'm disappointed at dealers holding the line. Wishful thinking: maybe strikes will improve values... Unlikely, but stranger things have happened. I'm thinking I'll try for around $65k and see what happens. Seems like aggressive side of reasonable based on what else is out there, but it also seems like we're in a market where the bid and ask just aren't matching up well.

All MSP ads disappeared from Cars.com … there are only two, 100 miles from my zip code, and they are asking too much for 2021 and 2022 models.

Attachments

• IMG_9765.jpeg
    IMG_9765.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 81
I certainly feel bad for folks upside down due to recent price drops. I'm gonna be listing my MS for sale soon when my MXP VIN gets assigned, so I'm in the boat with you folks. Can't say I'm disappointed at dealers holding the line. Wishful thinking: maybe strikes will improve values... Unlikely, but stranger things have happened. I'm thinking I'll try for around $65k and see what happens. Seems like aggressive side of reasonable based on what else is out there, but it also seems like we're in a market where the bid and ask just aren't matching up well.
Depending on where you are located, feel free to pm me. I'm in Pittsburgh.

Reactions: Neon001
Market still hasn't caught with the price reductions. Dealers still being stubborn asking 70k plus for used 22s. It's amazing how obtuse they can be.

Give it another 30 days when those cars are still collecting dust and then they will be panicking...they may have paid too much for them so now trying desperately to see if someone is dumb enough to bite

The competition has arrived and wants Tesla’s breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Elon knows that, hence price seesawing, whether they are strategic or not, model refreshes, minor improvements, etc.
Right and my wife is one example of that. Yes I know this topic is about the X/S, but same goes for the Y. She has been waiting for a Cadillac Lyriq, but when the price of the MY dropped, she went out a lipstick red MYLR with premium interior for under $50K. So while I would be upset if I had bought earlier, I guess she got lucky. So she saved $30K by not buying the Lyriq. I'm happy about that.

Fingers crossed for this to happen. $69420 again for the MSLR? $85 for the plaid? Dare I say $80?

Very possible for 69430 for the LR.

I see potentially a 84,990 for the Plaid if sales slows and they need to push numbers before end of this year...maybe by december??

If Plaid is 80k then I imagine Telsa will only be able to keep that ordering price available for a few days before they fill up months and months of production capacity....

Reactions: cusetownusa
Very possible for 69430 for the LR.

I see potentially a 84,990 for the Plaid if sales slows and they need to push numbers before end of this year...maybe by december??
There's going to be so much interest in the new Q4 Tesla products Highland and Cybertruck, and perhaps even some Highland-driven starter interest in the Juniper Y, that it makes me wonder which of two routes Tesla will go with the S/X: lower prices even more to generate more demand with lower price buyers, or hold/raise and just let S/X margins be good and the volume fall where it may. We will find out!

Reactions: ginmqi
There's going to be so much interest in the new Q4 Tesla products Highland and Cybertruck, and perhaps even some Highland-driven starter interest in the Juniper Y, that it makes me wonder which of two routes Tesla will go with the S/X: lower prices even more to generate more demand with lower price buyers, or hold/raise and just let S/X margins be good and the volume fall where it may. We will find out!
im def hoping for the former.

I really hope Tesla does not discontinue the Model S anytime soon. I love performance liftback sedans!!!