Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla drops prices on X/S $20k. All colors free. Bye bye resale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Future price increase?
IMG_4712.png
IMG_4713.png

Reactions: Neon001
On the first picture, look at the mid-left, and the second picture, look at the bottom.
…and then what? No idea what you’re suggesting here.

EDIT: I see what you’re suggesting. Had no idea where that comparison page even was.

Maybe? I don’t think $96,490 has ever been a starting price for the X plaid so I doubt it’s a historical error.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ethan Ryczek
…and then what? No idea what you’re suggesting here.

EDIT: I see what you’re suggesting. Had no idea where that comparison page even was.

Maybe? I don’t think $96,490 has ever been a starting price for the X plaid so I doubt it’s a historical error.
For the life of me I can’t figure out whats happening.
96,490 is the current price of the plaid with upgraded wheels and yoke.

Rumors are they will be releasing a Model 3 Plaid. Given Elon’s past comments on the S/X being built for “sentimental reasons” combined with his strategy of getting cheaper EV cars to the masses to help the environment, does that leave a place for an expensive complicated car?

Reactions: aerodyne
Rumors are they will be releasing a Model 3 Plaid. Given Elon’s past comments on the S/X being built for “sentimental reasons” combined with his strategy of getting cheaper EV cars to the masses to help the environment, does that leave a place for an expensive complicated car?

And if Tesla wanted to make such a vehicle, why not just proceed with the Roadster 2?

Reactions: HankLloydRight
X and S are sinking ships
What a baseless claim. S and X were evidently important enough to get a complete refresh just over 2 years ago.

Car companies need model hierarchies to be aspirational. They need them to entice entry level buyers to upgrade. It's actually a problem even with the current S3XY lineup. Even with 4 cars it's too flat, and there's money being left on the table. Feature-heavy cars are always going to bring more complaints and warranty claims, this is endemic to all automakers. Car manufacturers don't make halo cars for massive profits - that's what the mainstream cars are for.

Zero chance S and X are going away.