Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Elon Musk Says Update 8.1 Coming in 10 Days or So

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really want a true all around view with all those cameras. I mean if a ford focus can have it?

Infiniti has had this since 2006. That's eleven years ago! Now lots of cars have it (including Nissan, Ford, BMW, Cadillac, etc.), but not Tesla. In some ways Tesla is years ahead of everyone, and in other areas it's like driving a car from the 90s!

Still waiting on HW1 Model X. Did all of you get it?
Donno if it's multi-platform build, but ev-fw.com shows this:

Attachments

• 8.1.jpg
    8.1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 46
"Elon Musk Says Update 8.1 Coming in 10 Days or So"
"Elon Musk says next AP2 update renamed 8.1 to mitigate complaints about slower than hoped for AP2 software development and will only be released to AP2 owners; kernel/browser and other UI updates planned for all owners for December 2016 put back further to unspecified date"

still a great car as it is though ;)

If it's quite a joke, just sell it and be happy with your ICE car then.....

I love you for Saying this - nice to see some people on this forum who actually like their car and the brand . I thought it was just that when I signed up. Turns out quite the opposite, it's largely people complaining about every possible thing .

I love my car - does it have things I'd like to change or improve yes - but ; it's the best car I've ever owned and everyone I know is envious beyond all belief.

What this goes to show you is no matter what ; our wonderful society will literally complain about anything and everything .

Someone could win 100 million and they'd complain about the distribution schedule.

I just completed a Denver to Omaha (~500 mile) road trip (driving back tomorrow) with the new update. Was in AP the vast majority of the time at 80 mph.

A few quick notes.

1) AP2 handles cross winds far better then AP1 did.
2) No truck lust, but still does not move over as much as I would like in the lane when passing.
3) does not try to exit like it did with the last update.
4) lane change does not feel confident, it does it in two step and you can really confuse it if you turn the signal off before it completes the lane change. Doing so causes it to forget what it was doing and dive for one lane or the other.

All of that said the TACC part of AP still has the "crap something is there, oh never mind" problem. I kind of feel this is an over reaction to the stationary object issue AP1 has that they have not worked out yet.

oh crap something is there ... . That's too funny. Oh boy - I smell 8.2 just around the corner
:p
ours has been updating now for about 30 minutes. Very strange - never had an update take that long . The screen just notified that it's checking the update now. Anybody else seen that? More than 30 miutes? Now the screen is just frozen. Never had that go down either.
Anorher too funny. guess I'll come back in a few minutes and see what's up. I sure hear a lot of clicking - as though charging has just stopped. But it's not charging.

Last edited:
I'd love to try reboot. Car has been dead now, for about 30 minutes. Literally nothing - after the update failed. Won't start .... won't anyrhing. Big display shows nothing ... & when the brake is depressed & gear lever put into drive or reverse? Nothing. April fools on us - after what ... 5 or 6 days ownership on this - our 2nd Tesla? oh well, it's the only game in town. Looks like I'll have to call for a flatbed.

Yea, the first time I got an update and I keep trying to see what's going on with the car. It took longer than normal. You might have interrupted what it was doing.

So I just let it be ever since then, until I get notification saying it's ready or an hour has pass.
Yes, your phone app will tell you when it's done. Don't mess with it til then.

Reactions: travis010