Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Energy, TRECs, NJ ... need help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone from State of NJ who can help me understand TRECs and what will happen next.

- Ordered around July 2020
- Installed Jan 2021
- PTO Feb 2021
- Meter Swap scheduled this week

How and when will I get TRECs info.
Tesla apparently had to register me, but how will I get access to my TRECs, and how do I sell them (basically it is $92 for each MW produced)
Can I sell 1x or do I have to accumulate to sell
Who is the buyer, will it be my Elec provider or an agent (broker)

I am not even sure how to go next step on this. Anyone who did in 2020 would know as TREC is a new concept from April 2020 in our state.

Thanks in adavance.

I think there are a couple people from NJ who posted about TRECs, but I'm not sure there has been a lot of discussion on them. The one thing to verify is that your contract with Tesla states that you (and not Tesla) owns the TRECs. I know recently it seems like Tesla has been insisting upon owning these rights, though I do not know what your agreement says.

I would assume this is the process: Home

I think there are a couple people from NJ who posted about TRECs, but I'm not sure there has been a lot of discussion on them. The one thing to verify is that your contract with Tesla states that you (and not Tesla) owns the TRECs. I know recently it seems like Tesla has been insisting upon owning these rights, though I do not know what your agreement says.

I would assume this is the process: Home

I own the rights as I changed before finalizing the contracts.

I contacted the BPU and they confirmed Tesla sent the initial application on 9/20/20 and they are waiting on Tesla to send the final paperwork so they can send mey registration cert

I just got the email today from trecnj.com when I contacted them.

If anyone from NJ needs help with TRECs DM me. I solved all issues and I will be getting my first TREC payment next week. Process is darn complicated but solvable and once done, you have to enter previous months production data (like I put for March 2021 today) and once balance cumulative is 1000+ kWh they they issue a cert, which is auto-paid to my bank account.

Usually this is at the time of order. Tell the Project Manager you want to change the TRECs you DO NOT want to assign them to Tesla but want to manage yourself. If you need to know the process DM me and I will send you the details.

My first check from NJ was issued this week (they pay 60 days after the first reporting) and now the cycle starts ...

If anyone from NJ needs help with TRECs DM me. I solved all issues and I will be getting my first TREC payment next week. Process is darn complicated but solvable and once done, you have to enter previous months production data (like I put for March 2021 today) and once balance cumulative is 1000+ kWh they they issue a cert, which is auto-paid to my bank account.
Could you please help me with TREC process? When I contacted Tesla they said they will do all the process and I don't have to do anything but I am not sure what they are saying is correct or not?

Could you please let me know the TREC process? Tesla support said I don't have to do anything but my system was turned on in MAR 2021 but still not getting TREC's?

Could you please let me know the TREC process? Tesla support said I don't have to do anything but my system was turned on in MAR 2021 but still not getting TREC's?
Just to confirm, what does your contract say about who owns the TRECs? It seems the recent default has been for Tesla to keep SREC/TREC credits for themself. But there should be language in your agreement on this point. And, if Tesla is keeping them, there should be a credit on your order with the amount they paid you for the credits.

Just to confirm, what does your contract say about who owns the TRECs? It seems the recent default has been for Tesla to keep SREC/TREC credits for themself. But there should be language in your agreement on this point. And, if Tesla is keeping them, there should be a credit on your order with the amount they paid you for the credits.
I do own the credits and I paid the full amount, so I own the TRECS; my contract says so too.

I do own the credits and I paid the full amount, so I own the TRECS; my contract says so too.
In that case, I would send smaster533 a direct message, as he suggested, to see what he did. Tesla most likely does have the paperwork in their queue, but when they get around to it is anybody's guess. In my case in MD, I was originally told Tesla was not doing the paperwork, so I did everything myself (including filing for state grants and SREC credits.) Over half a year later, I started getting emails that Tesla was now working on my paperwork.

Could you please help me with TREC process? When I contacted Tesla they said they will do all the process and I don't have to do anything but I am not sure what they are saying is correct or not?
In that case, I would send smaster533 a direct message, as he suggested, to see what he did. Tesla most likely does have the paperwork in their queue, but when they get around to it is anybody's guess. In my case in MD, I was originally told Tesla was not doing the paperwork, so I did everything myself (including filing for state grants and SREC credits.) Over half a year later, I started getting emails that Tesla was now working on my paperwork.
Could you please tell me how to do the direct message to smaster533, I tried to click on his screen name but do not see any option to send one?

If you click on a name, (like on mine, to the left of this post), "Follow", "Ignore", and "Start Conversation" should appear at the bottom of the window that opens. The last of these is what you want.
I am only seeing Follow, ignore, Find tabs at the bottom; I just joined Yesterday to this forum for new members start conversation is not allowed?

I am only seeing Follow, ignore, Find tabs at the bottom; I just joined Yesterday to this forum for new members start conversation is not allowed?
1623854243299.png

I need help as well. Just got my PTO this week and want to set up TREC. I own the TREC.