Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla EV Tax Credits coming back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm using waiting on the bill as an excuse to see if Tesla will either come up with added range to the Y or if it can make it to and from where I need to go. I've heard that they actually may not get 300+ miles and my drive is about 225-250 round trip. I live in Rosamond and make the drive out to Anaheim/Irvine a few times a week (if anyone lives in Southern California and knows this info), but my friend is planning on driving his Tesla out here to visit in the next couple weeks so if his makes it, I'm probably just going to go ahead and release my hold in the next month or two.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I ordered when I thought the credit would be in the initial infrastructure bill. That is the easier bill to pass. The second one is going to be a nightmare to pass. It’s possible, but it’s a big lift. I now plan to buy before used car prices dip. I look at that as a credit of sorts.

Apparently EV charging & other environmental issues were dropped out of the infrastructure bill that now moves on for a debate/vote. Even as is, Kyrsten Sinema said she's going to vote against it, which means it would now need 11 Republicans to vote for it along with the 49 other Democrats.

Not to mention Trump is now suggesting any R who votes for it he will seek to "primary" them in the next election.

Obviously, being a believer in EV's I want the infrastructure bill to include the tax credits and the expanded EV charging, but while all of this political posturing is going on JUST from a roads/bridges standpoint the country is falling apart. Can we start applying common sense and move on please?

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Even as is, Kyrsten Sinema said she's going to vote against it, which means it would now need 11 Republicans to vote for it along with the 49 other Democrats.
I think you are confusing the core infrastructure bill and the reconciliation proposal. She is the lead Democrat negotiator on the core bill, why would she vote against it?

She has said the price is too high on the $3.5T reconciliation package and more negotiating needs to be done. As it stands, it currently has EV tax incentives. A lot is still up in the air but it is fairly clear that one bill will not pass without the other.

Apparently EV charging & other environmental issues were dropped out of the infrastructure bill that now moves on for a debate/vote. Even as is, Kyrsten Sinema said she's going to vote against it, which means it would now need 11 Republicans to vote for it along with the 49 other Democrats.

Not to mention Trump is now suggesting any R who votes for it he will seek to "primary" them in the next election.

There is a second bill which is much larger than the bi partiSan infrastructure bill, it is worth $3.5T. It can be passed on a simple majority through a process called reconciliation. So it only needs 50 dems.