Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla extending "Early Access" program to all FSD buyers prior to March 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

From the article, "While this setting will be available on all Tesla vehicles, a Tesla spokeswoman tells Ars that early FSD purchasers will be "among the first" to receive updates."

Tesla is keeping the spirit of the promise. They are still putting early FSD buyers at the front of the line to get new updates, they are not just using the early access program to do it.

• Disagree
Reactions: run-the-joules
From the article, "While this setting will be available on all Tesla vehicles, a Tesla spokeswoman tells Ars that early FSD purchasers will be "among the first" to receive updates."

Tesla is keeping the spirit of the promise. They are still putting early FSD buyers at the front of the line to get new updates, they are not just using the early access program to do it.

No. It was a lie that they are using another lie to distract with. They promised one thing and are doing another. They do this over and over and over, because they are a dishonest company.

Do you have proof that early FSD buyers that select "advanced" are not getting the latest updates?

I think they have specifically chosen to do what they are doing because it’ll be hard to prove it’s a lie. They’ll be able to use more lies about “certain configurations” to explain why people with the same car are getting updates I’m not.

I don’t want to be among the first to maybe get a wide release. I want to get early access to limited test releases, like they promised.

Reactions: OPRCE
Do you have proof that early FSD buyers that select "advanced" are not getting the latest updates?

Well, I am certainly going to test it now. I had left mine on “Standard” previously, so now I am going to select Advanced and see if my car becomes the first few % to get updates. I guess I paid $1000 for the privilege, so I might as well use it.

I think they have specifically chosen to do what they are doing because it’ll be hard to prove it’s a lie. They’ll be able to use more lies about “certain configurations” to explain why people with the same car are getting updates I’m not.

I don’t want to be among the first to maybe get a wide release. I want to get early access to limited test releases, like they promised.

Well, I am certainly going to test it now. I had left mine on “Standard” previously, so now I am going to select Advanced and see if my car becomes the first few % to get updates. I guess I paid $1000 for the privilege, so I might as well use it.

Here's the thing. We don't know if it is true or not because it is too early. There is no new update yet. If you check teslafi there is 1 car on 2019.17 but the latest update is 2019.16.3 which is still just a minor bug fix for 2019.16. So Tesla has not released any new big update yet. So connecting to "advanced" and getting nothing proves nothing, since there is no new update yet.

So it is really premature at this point to be crying foul and getting mad at Tesla for lying. Now, if we check Teslafi and there is a 2019.20 or 2019.22 going to out to hundreds of cars and you still don't get it, then yes, I will agree with you. But right now, it's too early to tell.

Here's the thing. We don't know if it is true or not because it is too early. There is no new update yet. If you check teslafi there is 1 car on 2019.17 but the latest update is 2019.16.3 which is still just a minor bug fix for 2019.16. So Tesla has not released any new big update yet. So connecting to "advanced" and getting nothing proves nothing, since there is no new update yet.

So it is really premature at this point to be crying foul and getting mad at Tesla for lying. Now, if we check Teslafi and there is a 2019.20 or 2019.22 going to out to hundreds of cars and you still don't get it, then yes, I will agree with you. But right now, it's too early to tell.

How many promises do they have to break before we stop giving them the benefit of the doubt? Even if the advanced setting doesn’t turn out to be a total placebo, it’s *still not what they promised*

Reactions: brianman
How many promises do they have to break before we stop giving them the benefit of the doubt? Even if the advanced setting doesn’t turn out to be a total placebo, it’s *still not what they promised*

If the "advanced" setting does do what it says and early FSD buyers get priority within Advanced then it is good enough for me because it will still give me the intent of what they promised even if they took a different route. It's like if I promise to pay for your airplane ticket to Orlando, FL but then I change my mind and instead buy you a bus ticket to Orlando. No, I am not keeping the exact letter of the promise since I did not buy you an airplane ticket but I am still getting to Orlando. I am still fulfilling the purpose of the promise. Using my analogy, it's a bit silly to get mad that they broke their promise when they still kept the part of the promise that mattered, to get you to Orlando. You are basically saying that even if Tesla does give you the latest updates before anyone else, you will still be mad because it was not done the way Tesla originally said it would be. Silly! Enjoy your new updates!

Reactions: Joshan
If the "advanced" setting does do what it says and early FSD buyers get priority within Advanced then it is good enough for me because it will still give me the intent of what they promised even if they took a different route. It's like if I promise to pay for your airplane ticket to Orlando, FL but then I change my mind and instead buy you a bus ticket to Orlando. No, I am not keeping the exact letter of the promise since I did not buy you an airplane ticket but I am still getting to Orlando. I am still fulfilling the purpose of the promise. Using my analogy, it's a bit silly to get mad that they broke their promise when they still kept the part of the promise that mattered, to get you to Orlando. You are basically saying that even if Tesla does give you the latest updates before anyone else, you will still be mad because it was not done the way Tesla originally said it would be. Silly! Enjoy your new updates!

Wow. Just wow.

Reactions: kbecks13
Here's the thing. We don't know if it is true or not because it is too early.

Agreed, Tesla has to prove the trend over time. My car doesn’t have the 16.3 bug fix update yet, so hopefully I will get it now. I typically get updates at the tail end vs the front except on a very few occasions. So over time I should now be on the front instead.

Also, "among the first" is very vague, could easily be among the first [90%] to get updates.

I mean they didntbreally have to do anything. You purchased an item at a set price and then.pitchedva fit when the price dropped. That happens every day.

Reactions: Joshan
I mean they didntbreally have to do anything. You purchased an item at a set price and then.pitchedva fit when the price dropped. That happens every day.

The price drop didn’t really bother me honestly. But once they said they would be giving us early access, I got excited. Now they’ve revealed that as a lie, and I’m angry. I’d have preferred that they just be honest and said “you were a sucker and paid more for no reason, go fsck yourself” back then instead of making false promises.

But they aren’t an honest company, so that wouldn’t have happened.

Reactions: kbecks13