Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla extending "Early Access" program to all FSD buyers prior to March 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That effectively means "nobody that bought it during their sale that priced it at $2,000 for existing EAP owners, $5,000 for EAP + FSD if you'd bought it in 2018 and had not either of those"? I'm trying to recall the exact timing of that sale but I recall it falling entirely within the month of March?

Yes, I purchased FSD on March 7 during the $2000 sale. So it looks like this EAP invite is for folks who purchased FSD at full price. Which makes sense. They paid more so they are getting more.

So it looks like this EAP invite is for folks who purchased FSD at full price. Which makes sense. They paid more so they are getting more.
Well some of them ended up paying only $2000 net as they got a $1000 refund? I have a vague memory of that, although I could be wrong?

Still, they committed early and lent Tesla a $1000 for several months so I want to be clear that I don't begrudge them in any way.

That effectively means "nobody that bought it during their sale that priced it at $2,000 for existing EAP owners, $5,000 for EAP + FSD if you'd bought it in 2018 and had not either of those"? I'm trying to recall the exact timing of that sale but I recall it falling entirely within the month of March?

That would make sense, as the original purpose of extending the early access program was to mitigate the blowback from folks who had bought it before the sale.

Having four qualifying used to get you "Priority Access to Vehicle Software Updates." It is different than the Early Access Program they are offering which is beta testing before public release of an update. Personally, I would prefer to be offered Priority Access than the Early Access Program but I will be surprised if they do follow through with either.

@brkaus - Do you find having Priority Access actually gets you updates early? I have seen people mention they should have Priority Access but never seem to get updates any earlier.

I purchased $3k FSD with the car, and still haven't received an Early Access invite...it sucks because I also have Priority Access from referrals as well, never had a single update where I got an update before the masses.
upload_2019-4-15_15-43-4.png

Really wanting that improved browser and advanced summon features though.....

I think Tesla is probably just waiting until they are closer to releasing FSD before inviting FSD buyers into the Early Access Program. After all, there is little point is adding a bunch of new owners to EAP to be early testers of FSD if FSD is not quite ready yet. It will come folks when Tesla is ready.