Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Fremont Factory Flyover | February 21 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would say not a good sign, if they were cranking them out the lot should be full and should be a lot of invites going out. Lack of invites and empty lot = :(

This is at 5am (edit: 7am). They were probably being shipped out all night while production was down. You can see car carriers there still loading up. If anything I'd say this is a good sign that the cars don't have any issues and are being shipped out right away. I think the only reason this lot was full before was that there were bottlenecks at the California delivery centers. Now that they're shipping all across the country they're probably going out as soon as they're finished.

Last edited:
This is at 5am. They were probably being shipped out all night while production was down. You can see car carriers there still loading up. If anything I'd say this is a good sign that the cars don't have any issues and are being shipped out right away. I think the only reason this lot was full before was that there were bottlenecks at the California delivery centers. Now that they're shipping all across the country they're probably going out as soon as they're finished.

7am but yes if you watch in the first pass the truck is empty and in the second pass they are securing a Red Model X over the cab (we're talking like 3min difference) The row of cars next to the truck is going on that truck.

I woke up at 5am to take (multiple) Ubers from SF down to Fremont to film this video. Enjoy.

Take note of the trailer being loaded with cars. The lot was fairly empty which may be due to many recent shipments.

I expect to receive mine end of mars early april in Switzerland normally they go by train and by boat no trucks ? Perhaps I saw my futur car on your video.it's a model S75D blue

I would say not a good sign, if they were cranking them out the lot should be full and should be a lot of invites going out. Lack of invites and empty lot = :(
The lot _should_ be empty or near empty, especially at 7am. Every car has a buyer waiting at this point.

Invites come ahead of production and are batched. You'd have to have a good handle on Model 3 invites so far to determine whether quiet on new invites were any kind of issue. In any case, today Tesla has opened invites to non-owner line-waiters.

This is bizarre. This is a parking lot a company that expects to make 2500 cars a week in a little over 30 days?

Not bizarre at all.
There are 25 rows where that Semi is loading. That holds about 300 cars.
2500 a week is 500 a day.
If there are no carriers available to ship them, there are well over 200 additional parking spots to pick up any extra slack.
Plus that diagonal temporary fence is easily moved.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865