Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla: FSD Beta is an SAE Level 2 driver support feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon has previously confirmed L5. And has also stated Robotaxi service coming. Interesting that there is zero update on those/zero reference in the revised docs and instead, exclusive focus on L2…something numerous carmakers provide today.

Im certain the investor presentation later today will provide that update on new timeline for Robotaxi and L5

Last edited:
Reactions: beachmiles
No L5 soon was just confirmed, in a backhanded way, at Investor Day. In the section on FSD they said they trained the NNs to assume that a stationary car without a driver must be parked. I have no idea why they would brag about this. It is also sad that they thought this rare scenario was a significant cause of phantom braking.

Reactions: WyoDude and Npate2
No L5 soon was just confirmed, in a backhanded way, at Investor Day. In the section on FSD they said they trained the NNs to assume that a stationary car without a driver must be parked. I have no idea why they would brag about this. It is also sad that they thought this rare scenario was a significant cause of phantom braking.
Im guessing legal pressures are mounting up forcing them to state reality of the tech. But a big switch from this promise

• Informative
Reactions: kavyboy
FWIW all the AP examples and graphics they showed in that section came from previous presentations. So even that content wasn't updated. If anything, it was a very brief version of the autonomy day content (or ai day or whatever they called the last thing with the robot prototype)

Reactions: BitJam
FWIW all the AP examples and graphics they showed in that section came from previous presentations. So even that content wasn't updated. If anything, it was a very brief version of the autonomy day content (or ai day or whatever they called the last thing with the robot prototype)
Thanks! But that's even more depressing/discouraging. If they were going to cannibalize previous presentations instead of telling us something new, perhaps they should have used Ashok's keynote address which discussed the occupancy network and several other cool things, like preventing 40 accidental acceleartions per day. I found that talk very exciting. I was hoping to see the next steps from there.

Reactions: WyoDude
Elon has previously confirmed L5. And has also stated Robotaxi service coming. Interesting that there is zero update on those/zero reference in the revised docs and instead, exclusive focus on L2…something numerous carmakers provide today.

Im certain the investor presentation later today will provide that update on new timeline for Robotaxi and L5
You are gonna hate the investor day transcript… 😂

• Funny
Reactions: BitJam