Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla FSD Beta Release 10.5 2021.36.8.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TeslaFi reports that Tesla FSD Beta Release 10.5 2021.36.8.7 has officially started rolling out.

Release Notes per NotATeslaApp:

- Improved VRU (pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcycles) crossing velocity error by 20% from improved quality in our auto-labeling.

- Improved static world predictions (road lines, edges, and lane connectivity) by up to 13% using a new static world auto-labeler and adding 165K auto-labeled videos.

- Improved cone and sign detections by upreving the generalized static object network with 15K more video clips and adjusting oversampling and overweighting strategies (+ 4.5% precision, + 10.4% recall).

- Improved cut-in detection network by 5.5% to help reduce false slowdowns.

- Enabled "emergency collision avoidance maneuvering" in shadow mode

- Enabled behavior to lane change away from merges when safe to do so.

- Improved merge object detection recall by using multi-modal object prediction at intersections.

- Improved control for merges by increasing smoothness of arrival time constraints and considering possible merging objects beyond visibility.

- Improved lane changes by allowing larger deceleration limit in short-deadline situations.

- Improved lateral control for creeping forward to get more visibility.

- Improved modeling of road boundaries on high curvature roads for finer maneuvers.

- Improved logic to stay on-route and avoid unnecessary detours/rerouting.

Press the "Video Record" button on the top bar UI to share your feedback. When pressed, your vehicle's external cameras will share a short VIN associated Autopilot Snapshot with the Tesla engineering team to help make improvements to FSD. You will not be able to view the clip.

---------------------

FSD 10.5 is supposed to go out to existing 10.4 users as well as Safety Scores of 98 and above.

It is for that reason that I typically will not use it if someone is too close behind me. But I just did a 300+ mile drive to the OBX and I experienced only 3 or 4 phantom braking events, and only of about 5-10 mph. Not great, but they were also fairly gradual. Nothing sudden. I had to turn it off on route 158 in NC because it kept trying to get into the left (fast) lane about every 30 seconds. Annoying as he'll as there was no one within a quarter of a mile of us and I had no turn for at least 40 miles. It has done this periodically before, but it was constant on 158.

Reactions: ductordoc and K5TRX
The reduce false slowdown will be a great improvement. I’ve have had a problem with sudden braking and the warning of “near head on collision“ and nothing is on the road. The other problem I’ve had is the street speed limit post correctly but the cruise control locks in 11 to13 mph over the speed limit. I do have an appointment with Tesla, they’re going to check my sensors on Tuesday.

It is for that reason that I typically will not use it if someone is too close behind me. But I just did a 300+ mile drive to the OBX and I experienced only 3 or 4 phantom braking events, and only of about 5-10 mph.
That's how Phantom Braking is hitting me as well, 5-10 mph slowdowns. Luckily, it is not slamming on the brakes.
Not great, but they were also fairly gradual. Nothing sudden. I had to turn it off on route 158 in NC because it kept trying to get into the left (fast) lane about every 30 seconds. Annoying as hell as there was no one within a quarter of a mile of us and I had no turn for at least 40 miles. It has done this periodically before, but it was constant on 158.
I turned off Automatic Lane change under Navigate on AutoPilot and it no longer makes lane changes under FSD either.

LOL...not exactly a massive rollout as of now (per TeslaFi).
But it's nice to see it has begun.

1637547511169.png

Phantom braking events seem to be connected to road glare. I can drive the same route with the sun behind me or when it is overcast and get little to no events. When I drive that west facing route in late afternoon as I do almost everyday, FSD is unstable, left turns dangerous, and there are parts of the road where the car will not drive over 50mph regardless of traffic conditions.

Phantom braking events seem to be connected to road glare. I can drive the same route with the sun behind me or when it is overcast and get little to no events. When I drive that west facing route in late afternoon as I do almost everyday, FSD is unstable, left turns dangerous, and there are parts of the road where the car will not drive over 50mph regardless of traffic conditions.

I have gotten plenty of phantom braking on overcast days and nothing visualized incorrectly (like a person instead of a mailbox). I also get lots of phantom braking for tree shadows. They aren't hard brakes, but annoying to feel because it's unexpected and unwarranted. Night time works best for me. But I've read that others have horrible phantom braking at night. 🤷

Reactions: VanFriscia
Odd. I get most of my phantom braking occurrences at night. It makes it almost unusable, to me, at night. During the day it’s been pretty good.

Reactions: Krock65
I just got my Safety Score to 99 on Friday (3 days ago). Should I not expect to receive an invite until they finally get to the "new users" portion of the rolling release for 10.5, or will I just get 10.4 in a few days? Starting to look like it may be a while before they get to inviting 98s/new users to 10.5 if they still haven't rolled out the software today.