Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla FSD Beta Release 10.5 2021.36.8.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like they're spinning another rev. The single car that Teslascope could see on 2021.36.8.7 updated to a new "2021.36.8.8" release a few hours ago: 2021.36.8.8 Official Tesla Software Update | Teslascope

Seems like in the past they haven't done this (or haven't done it on a Teslafi/Teslascope-visible car), so I don't know if there's much that can be read in the tea leaves about how close this is to a public rollout.

Curious on what beta this is. 2021.40.6

1637609082013.png

do you guys have your update preferences set to advanced or standard? I went from 97 to 98 on last Thursday so eagerly awaiting 10.5. I'm getting to the point where I'm considering just selling the car to walk away with a slight profit after putting 25k miles on it the last two years and still not having FSD despite jumping thru all the hoops.

do you guys have your update preferences set to advanced or standard? I went from 97 to 98 on last Thursday so eagerly awaiting 10.5. I'm getting to the point where I'm considering just selling the car to walk away with a slight profit after putting 25k miles on it the last two years and still not having FSD despite jumping thru all the hoops.

Prefs set to advanced and at score 99 for over a week now

I'm selling my model 3. It's a great car, but since I drive less than 10 or 15 miles a week, it's easier to just wait a year for the model y & for prices to come back down.

Reactions: fluxcapacitor
Advanced but I’m sure it does nothing if you’re enrolled into the beta.

That isn’t an FSD release, all the cars on it came through the normal update line.
It’s a US only release for refresh S from what it seems like from the very limited amount of data. Could be FSD as refreshes have been known to have a different software version for the beta than other vehicles. Like currently I’m on 36.8.6 where most are on 36.8.5

Could also be EAP, who knows, wish Musk had a roadmap with more official details

Last edited:
Reactions: Phlier
easier to just wait a year for the model y & for prices to come back down
While it's true that the added capacity of Austin could very well help meet demand and bring prices back down, there's also the possibility that demand will end up exceeding the additional manufacturing capacity that Texas brings.

There's also the possibility that supply chain problems could end up preventing them from ramping up to maximum installed manufacturing capacity.

If either/both of these things occur, prices will not only stay high, but could end up going higher if parts end up going up in cost due to supply/demand. And, IMO, demand is going to be going up exponentially over the next few years, not down.

I'm also waiting for prices to come back down a bit, but until then, I'll be holding onto my current Model 3 with both hands. :)

Probably a good thing if we haven't received it yet especially since it looks like a revision already went out to employee cars.
Last night I recalibrated my cameras for the first time ever and went on a drive with FSD 10.4 and it was amazing how much of the steering jerkiness went away making a left turn

Reactions: jcoop
Probably a good thing if we haven't received it yet especially since it looks like a revision already went out to employee cars.
Last night I recalibrated my cameras for the first time ever and went on a drive with FSD 10.4 and it was amazing how much of the steering jerkiness went away making a left turn
I just had a really jerky left turn experience on 10.4 - maybe I need to do that too.

LOL...not exactly a massive rollout as of now (per TeslaFi).
But it's nice to see it has begun.

View attachment 735867
And only (2) on 2021.36.8.7 (10.5?) on teslafi as of 6:00 pm on 11/22 .... super slow rollout, but if an improvement over 10.4 they can take their time.

My 10.4 FSD Beta software on my MX and M3P are both working great only a very few map related issues where I've had to disengage, nothing to do with the 10.4 software.

As everyone has said many times before, hands on wheels and full attention at all times while using FSD Beta!!!