Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla FSD now $8k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waste of money.
Trollish statement.

Bought FSD back in 2020 or so with a 2018 M3; traded in that car for a 2023 variant last year when the FSD transfer popped in.

The SO's been driving her 2021 MY with EAP and got the trial, just in time to head to Dallas from NJ and back for the eclipse. We were both impressed with the trip on 12.3.3. Yeah, it makes the occasional error on local roads; but it's clearly tons better than the 11.x variants from last year.

I've been driving both cars around on the 12.3.4 FSDS stuff. And, not a joke, it's seriously different than the earlier stuff. It'll stop and let a car trying to turn left in front of me get through in heavy traffic; when oncoming traffic pauses so the FSDS car can turn left, it takes that opening.

Took a dinner run, some 10 miles from here, through traffic lights, interstates, on ramps, off-ramps, stop signs, and tons of traffic, both ways - with ZERO interventions. (OK: I cheated once, getting onto US1 southbound with three lanes going to four of 50+ mph traffic. An oncoming car put on its turn signal to go into my street, and I gassed the M3 on FSDS a bit to take advantage of the hole.) But that was it.

The MY has EAP; the price for FSD has now dropped from $6k to $2k as a result of the price drop. We're probably going to go ahead and buy it.

Reactions: Yelobird
Trollish statement.

Bought FSD back in 2020 or so with a 2018 M3; traded in that car for a 2023 variant last year when the FSD transfer popped in.

The SO's been driving her 2021 MY with EAP and got the trial, just in time to head to Dallas from NJ and back for the eclipse. We were both impressed with the trip on 12.3.3. Yeah, it makes the occasional error on local roads; but it's clearly tons better than the 11.x variants from last year.

I've been driving both cars around on the 12.3.4 FSDS stuff. And, not a joke, it's seriously different than the earlier stuff. It'll stop and let a car trying to turn left in front of me get through in heavy traffic; when oncoming traffic pauses so the FSDS car can turn left, it takes that opening.

Took a dinner run, some 10 miles from here, through traffic lights, interstates, on ramps, off-ramps, stop signs, and tons of traffic, both ways - with ZERO interventions. (OK: I cheated once, getting onto US1 southbound with three lanes going to four of 50+ mph traffic. An oncoming car put on its turn signal to go into my street, and I gassed the M3 on FSDS a bit to take advantage of the hole.) But that was it.

The MY has EAP; the price for FSD has now dropped from $6k to $2k as a result of the price drop. We're probably going to go ahead and buy it.

Thats cool. I only have an FSD option for $8K. No EAP available for me.

Thats cool. I only have an FSD option for $8K. No EAP available for me.
Back in the day, EAP was available as an FSD variant that, pretty much, ran only on highways. It would do LK, TACC, change lanes back and forth, Navigate on Autopilot (so long as one stayed on highways), and, as a bonus, would do summon and auto park. It lost the summon when everyone else did, but got it back about six months ago. I think. It just wouldn’t do city streets.

It cost half as much as the $12k FSD option, so we bit. All along, going to FSD from there was another $6k (which makes sense) and renting FSD was half as much, $99/mo, not that we did either of those.

Looks like right now Tesla is considering the $6k we spent on EAP as kind of a down payment on FSD, so going for FSD as a result of the price drop of FSD to $8k is another $2k. Which is low enough to probably make us bite, especially with FSD 12.x’s better performance.

Looks like right now Tesla is considering the $6k we spent on EAP as kind of a down payment on FSD, so going for FSD as a result of the price drop of FSD to $8k is another $2k. Which is low enough to probably make us bite, especially with FSD 12.x’s better performance.
I also bought EAP in my 2023 Model S (I had FSD in my previous S), but I’m not ready to buy FSD again yet, even for $2k. I don’t need it most of the time, and I’m hoping Tesla reduces the FSD subscription price for those of us with EAP, since we had a discount before the price change. My wife’s MYP has FSD, so I can still use it when I want to.