Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla gave me a rejected car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
40 if I recall. Enough for her to save her phone and radio stations. For all intents and purposes, it could be treated as a test drive. The other clue is the Window Sticker didn’t match what I ordered (it had FSD which I didn’t order).
I guess I would say take a look at the car and make sure you are ok with it. Could be they took delivery and realized a Tesla wasn’t for them (maybe I’m over there head rather than an issue with the car).

My ICE I bought a few years ago had the same thing and I didn’t think twice of it since I figured it was a test drive.

Just picked up 4 days ago. VIN was in the 53xxx range. Just noticed someone’s else phone in Bluetooth settings. Has her full as her phone name. Radios presets are for her area as well. Not sure why, but doesn’t make me feel happy. Wonder why she rejected it.

What is the manufacture date on the inside of the driver's side door jamb? That's a fairly low # of miles to be rejected but I guess if it's something like a dead battery that they had to replace they might have given the person a new car.

In most states by the way this would not be legal... to sell a car that had been previously sold as new to another buyer as new... so if I were you I'd be digging a little further into this.

Another explanation is that Tesla was doing demos with this particular car and someone paired their phone to the car, could even be a Tesla employee.

So, it's more likely this car was used for a test drive or something than that it was a 'reject' that was sold to someone else and then re-sold to you.

What is the manufacture date on the inside of the driver's side door jamb? That's a fairly low # of miles to be rejected but I guess if it's something like a dead battery that they had to replace they might have given the person a new car.

In most states by the way this would not be legal... to sell a car that had been previously sold as new to another buyer as new... so if I were you I'd be digging a little further into this.

Another explanation is that Tesla was doing demos with this particular car and someone paired their phone to the car, could even be a Tesla employee.

So, it's more likely this car was used for a test drive or something than that it was a 'reject' that was sold to someone else and then re-sold to you.

It was an oncologist. Manufactured in July. FSD does not show online, unfortunately - that would have been awesome. I just wish I knew what happened. Oh well, I love the car minus the defects I couldn’t see because it was raining when I picked it up. Hoping the service center takes care of me. I had dual motor reservation locked in at 4K and switched to RWD to save money.... now I’m kicking my own butt.

Maybe the person realized it was the wrong config ie tires or fell in love with a different interior or decided to upgrade to a P3D? Seen all of that happen on here. Suppose it could have been one of the Tesla employees helping out during the crush and drove the car from a lot to a transport area. Could have been something like a dead battery. Maybe a seat had been cut and needed replacing. Maybe they wanted a softer ride. Doesn't have to be anything serious.

I'd look the car over well and if it's what you want, go for it. Anything you see you have 3 days to let them know for the due bill and they'll fix. Great car to drive though.

Reactions: Gavyne
Just look over the car and make sure there is nothing wrong. Don't sweat the small stuff as Tesla will get them fixed in month or 2. 40 km is not much at all, mine had 25km at delivery and I didn't think anything of it. It can be a test drive, or a Tesla staff manually transporting cars by driving them due to logistic backlog during the end of quarter rush. My Model S had been Working flawlessly for over a year already, it had a small paint defect on delivery which they fixed a few weeks later. If you want, maybe you can call the number and ask her for the story.