Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla gave me free supercharging for my LR RWD as gesture because of rude service advisor.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it was kinda happened 6 months ago but I waited so long to confirm if its a temporary thing for sometime or unlimited for life.

Here we go how I got the free supercharging:

I got issues with my car during delivery, paint defects, interior cosmetic problems and horn button was not working etc.

Got a due bill and arranged appointment on Burbank service center. Brought my car and got a loaner.

After 10 days later my car is "supposedly" fixed. I was at work so they delivered back the car to my workplace.
I checked the issues and the only thing they fixed was rear bumper replacement due to paint defect.

I called the service advisor and mentioned the problems are still persists. He answered in a sarcastic way that I was making it up.

Got mad and send an email to customer care and requested to be elevated to executive level.
An exective from global service care replied me back and mentioned that they are so sorry about the issues and experience with that particular service advisor.

They rushed in and got an another appointment from different service location. Got an brand new Model S loaner. After 5 days the car was ready. All issues were addressed. I satisfied.

Same day we went to Las Vegas form Los Angeles for a weekend trip. Along the way we stopped 2 times to charge the car. Normally its supposed to display the bill of current charge at the end of charging session. But I was not billed. I assumed they will bill me later.

Same thing happened 2 days later on our way back to Los Angeles.

Anyways couple of weeks passed and I used supercharging 3-4 times during that period but nothing was billed. I got kinda panicked if there is a problem with my account like credit card issue or some sort.

I checked the billing history and realized no charging was billed afterwards the service incident. Prior the service I was billed couple of times for supercharging.

Then I remembered that under car's details page I can check supercharging status. The first time I checked after I got the car it was "Pay Per Use Supercharging" or something. When I see "Unlimited Free Supercharging" on there I was dumbfounded and WOWed.

To make sure if thats the real thing I waited until now if thats a temporary thing or not but it still says i got unlimited charging on my RWD LR M3. I never bothered to call Tesla to confirm it because they might say there has been a problem and reversed it back to pay per supercharging :p.

So anyone here got a similar gesture from customer care in the past?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Troy
New aphorism:
“Never ascribe to generosity that which is adequately explained by incompetence?”

;)

Seriously, though, glad they hooked you up. Did they ever mention they would compensate you for your troubles in any way?

Nope they did not mentioned anything. I figured it out by myself.

Similar boat and an end result of AP being turned on. However account page does not reflect. They didn’t advise any settlements either. Who knows.

Thats good to hear. At least they know how to satisfy us :p