Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla HPWC Gen 2 $475 while supplies last NIB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So based solely on the tracking info I must be getting a 8.5 foot Gen2 then???? I already have one of those...

FWIW I just weighed the Gen 3 box on my bathroom scale and it came it at 13.5 lbs vs the 10 lbs the shipment said. Could be that Tesla negotiated rates with FedEx based on a fixed weight per box type and the actual weight on the shipment isn't real. I guess you'll find out in a few days.

I know Tesla isn't a fan of outsourcing, but it sure seems like they could do a bit better if they outsourced to UPS logistics or the FedEx equivalent. Those companies usually do this sort of thing very well, and at a fair price. The flip side is that even a third party logistics company is subject to the quality of the data they are fed, and if this is a system issue, then that would explain that.

7185980E-51CE-41F3-A485-028130FDA70C.jpeg
Just received my wall charger

Reactions: destructure00
To OP, THANK YOU. My Gen1 cable just melted in the chargeport yesterday. I was looking for a replacement and all I could see was either the super expensive >$800 options, or the crippled Gen 3 limited to 48Amps. (I need 80AMPS!!). So, THANK you - I would never have thought to go to Tesla first :) And Kudos to Tesla for re-re-releasing this!

Reactions: destructure00
Hank42,

The 80A HPWC is a great deal at $475, but if you find yourself in an equivalent position in a few years, and they are no longer available, you can buy/build a hard wired 80 Amp OpenEVSE based system. It won't be cheaper than this unit, Tesla sells these at a break even/loss to get the market penetration but building your own is an option if you find yourself in this position a few years down the road. Also an option is replacing the cable, or potentially just the end of the cable with a J1772 end.

I am not related to OpenEVSE, just like people to know the options that are out there.

For now, buying these things at $475 is a deal.

Glad to help out!

To OP, THANK YOU. My Gen1 cable just melted in the chargeport yesterday. I was looking for a replacement and all I could see was either the super expensive >$800 options, or the crippled Gen 3 limited to 48Amps. (I need 80AMPS!!). So, THANK you - I would never have thought to go to Tesla first :) And Kudos to Tesla for re-re-releasing this!

You could just get a $200 replacement cable...