Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla HPWC Gen 2 $475 while supplies last NIB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FINALLY

IMG_20200430_145801.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Target and MXLRplus
Are you talking about this device?

Tesla launches new Wall Connector with NEMA 14-50 plug - Electrek

Those seem to command between 300 and 500 around here, but I think the last one I saw was listed at $450. They aren't super common, but at the same time The Gen 1 kit provides similar functionality, but likely with fewer safety features. These don't offer any load sharing features, so not something you can use for many of the larger installs.
Not sure. I thought it offered load sharing... will have to check the manual...
CCF4084F-5875-44FE-9402-74278325E710.jpeg

Not sure. I thought it offered load sharing... will have to check the manual...
View attachment 537595
I am talking about the device with a fixed in place NEMA 14-50, that isn't removable, and that is what your description indicated. If you have a hardwired station, also called a Wall Connector, then those go for $500 or less, since you can buy a new one from Tesla right now.

Maybe send me a picture of the part number label.

Last edited:
Finished this several weeks ago but finally got a pic. Thanks again for the heads up @Target . Now ready to charge a Cybertruck along side my 3. I'm sure it'll end up being incompatible with Gen 2 after all this runaround :D

View attachment 543724

That is a beautiful install.

The Gen2 should cover you for a good long time. Just make sure to check the connections after a few months and a full year. A torque measurement device is very nice for that.

• Love
Reactions: destructure00
I currently have a 14-50 plug on a Gen 1 brick charging my two Tesla at 40 amps, I sometimes even turn it down to avoid heat. Other than the slightly faster charging speed, is there a reason for me to even remove my plug and install this? Can I upgrade the breaker to 60 and charge it at 50?

I currently have a 14-50 plug on a Gen 1 brick charging my two Tesla at 40 amps, I sometimes even turn it down to avoid heat. Other than the slightly faster charging speed, is there a reason for me to even remove my plug and install this? Can I upgrade the breaker to 60 and charge it at 50?
That depends on the wire size and type you have running between the breaker and outlet. I would need to know gauge and type like Romex, or wire in conduit, to be able to guide you further.

In theory though it is possible to go up to 48A charging (80% of breaker) depending. We all know I am a bit silly, so I would consider leaving the outlet there, and install the station on it's own line. This way you have the option of using the outlet if the station breaks. If you are power limited at your panel, just tell them you won't use them at the same time as the outlet is a backup to your new fancy primary station.

Lastly, outlets have a bad habit of failing. This can take years or months. I suggest hardwired installs for any daily use install now due to what we have seen as a community. The Tesla cars are pretty good at detecting issues, but they aren't capable of detecting every tiny yet destructive problem.

Last edited: