Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla HPWC Gen 2 $475 while supplies last NIB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t understand how hard it is to distinguish a gen 2 box to a gen 3. Likes it’s two completely different size box.

Could be that an entire batch of Gen 3 got inventoried as Gen 2. Picking in the warehouse is likely done by some internal stock code rather than description, so warehouse personnel wouldn't know the difference.

Only other thing I can think is that they are purposely substituting for some reason, hoping that most people just accept the newer one. No ideas on why they would do this, but who know.

I still haven't received a shipment notification for my replacement even though my Gen 3 return was delivered back to Tesla yesterday.

What's wrong with FedEx?

They stopped deliveries in our area of Southern California. I have no idea why other than COVID. UPS and USPS did not stop.

FedEx Site:
"Local delivery restriction, delivery not attempted
Recommended action:
No action required. Delivery re-scheduled for next business day.
Attention graphic
Reason for exception:
Local delivery restriction - Delivery not attempted
Recommended action:
No action required. Delivery will be re-scheduled when conditions improve.

No scheduled delivery date available at this time."

We are a medical device testing facility. The Tesla replaced our delivery truck.

Last edited:
...and USPS for that matter.

We have had 3 packages so far that USPS said they delivered but did not.
This is a commercial address, not a residential, and our lobby was open during business hours.
The time-record that USPS said they delivered, we received our mail but not our parcel and we were staffed.
When we complained to the local postmaster, he basically said, "too bad, not our fault".
They do not investigate employee theft, they claim it does occur, and they want their customers to sue them to get them to adhere to their published policies.

Keep in mind commercial areas use lockboxes and Shipping & Receiving areas with parcel logs. So it was USPS that lied, and lost/stole the items. We tell our customers that we do not recommend them.

FedEx will not deliver my HPWC. If you are in California, contact Tesla and ask if they can ship UPS which has no issues at this time. Don't trust USPS.
You just mentioned 3 of the ~6 CA delivery companies.

for reference, got my gen3 from FedEx 6days after ordering, in CA

I have a 60a juicebox I’ll sell you, if you’re looking for something immediately, and will ship any option you’d like.

You just mentioned 3 of the ~6 CA delivery companies.

for reference, got my gen3 from FedEx 6days after ordering, in CA

I have a 60a juicebox I’ll sell you, if you’re looking for something immediately, and will ship any option you’d like.

We use other carriers as well, and some of our FedEx does get through. But we have 3 'trapped' FedEx shipments currently. Two are outgoing, one is incoming. We sent out emails to the rest of our customers not to use them until the Covid issue is over.

100% hit rate with UPS. Love or hate them, they are reliable. FedEx was also reliable until recently.

I have several J1772 EVSEs including two JB's, two Clipper Creeks, and a Bosch. The trick of the G2 HPWC is it will work on 277v (480 3ph, single leg). This is how most commercial building are configured, that's why their lighting is all 277. You step it down to 208, and that gives you 3x 120v circuits for wall outlets. But for J1772 EVSE's you are stuck at 208 (two hots on 208 3ph) which sucks. Friends don't let friends charge at 208.;) The HPWC will our third charger for employees. So we aren't stuck, I'm just not happy with FedEx since the last couple of weeks.

Reactions: ra88it
We use other carriers as well, and some of our FedEx does get through. But we have 3 'trapped' FedEx shipments currently. Two are outgoing, one is incoming. We sent out emails to the rest of our customers not to use them until the Covid issue is over.

100% hit rate with UPS. Love or hate them, they are reliable. FedEx was also reliable until recently.

I have several J1772 EVSEs including two JB's, two Clipper Creeks, and a Bosch. The trick of the G2 HPWC is it will work on 277v (480 3ph, single leg). This is how most commercial building are configured, that's why their lighting is all 277. You step it down to 208, and that gives you 3x 120v circuits for wall outlets. But for J1772 EVSE's you are stuck at 208 (two hots on 208 3ph) which sucks. Friends don't let friends charge at 208.;) The HPWC will our third charger for employees. So we aren't stuck, I'm just not happy with FedEx since the last couple of weeks.
You’re a badass employer.

mine provides J1772 but 7.6kW (max).

Curious what vin you used at order? I used my model y and am wondering if that told them either was acceptable to send. Still waiting for Tesla to get back to me now at day 3.
I used my 3. I contacted [email protected] after hours on Friday evening last week. Monday morning I got an email that said a reshipment had been authorized, and it would be processed in 5-7 days. It also had a return label attached for the Gen 3. It's been 5 days now with no action, so I'm hoping that it goes out soon. I've been tempted to follow up, but I'm not in a rush and I think they probably wouldn't respond anyway.