Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AWD would be pretty awesome for the traction/safety aspect as well as the improved range. The extra performance would be nice, but probably barely noticeable if it's only a change from 4.2 to 3.9s. It would mean that a S85D would have performance getting towards a P85 though. That may be something worth considering.

I also wonder if spreading the load over front and rear reduces the load on each half of the drivetrain helping with longevity and reducing Tesla's warranty issues with the existing drivetrain. I'm also wondering if the front motor will reduce the capacity of the frunk - it has to go somewhere!

My suspicion is that this will be LHD only at first and those of us impatiently awaiting our Australian cars will have to continue waiting if we want the D. It would probably have to be resubmitted to be approved for Australia as well as it is a pretty significant design change. That will, of course, take time.

Just very quickly because I'm still running up and down my office.

1. P85D will be a new option, featuring dual motors, a higher top speed, a 0-60mph (or 0-95kmh) in 3.2 seconds, and around 20km more range than the P85.

2. All cars built in the last two weeks (meaning all of ours), will have the following:

- 12 sensors around the car
- Allows for self parking
- Auto Pilot that lets you do 90% autonomous driving on the freeway and on other roads. It senses all hard and soft objects around you. What's cooler is that it will SHOW YOU this information in real time on your instrument cluster
- Self lane change with an indicator stalk click. I imagine if you want to merge left, you signal left and the car will either speed up or slow down and merge!!!
- Syncs to your calendar, and if you are on private property, will turn air conditioning/heating on ahead of your meeting, will turn music on, and will come meet you at your front door. You can summon it basically
- Also capable of a LOT more that they probably didn't have time to go into

Elon said that they can basically do ANYTHING now - it's just a matter of imagination and software updates.

Unable to hear the last of the presentation, but the web site is being updated now. Our cars definitely will have the hardware for autopilot, but the software is yet to come, but will be over the air activated. I doubt AWD will be included. Gonna be interesting to see the price. No wonder they wanted to rebuild all the ready built ones, with the delays to delivery already, this upgrade would have pissed all us sig holders no end!!! Certainly, it would have pissed me off totally after waiting nearly 4 years for this car!!!

Unable to hear the last of the presentation, but the web site is being updated now. Our cars definitely will have the hardware for autopilot, but the software is yet to come, but will be over the air activated. I doubt AWD will be included. Gonna be interesting to see the price. No wonder they wanted to rebuild all the ready built ones, with the delays to delivery already, this upgrade would have pissed all us sig holders no end!!! Certainly, it would have pissed me off totally after waiting nearly 4 years for this car!!!

Currently speculated to be around $120,000 USD. Not sure what that would put it at here, but would be close to 200k if not over.