Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Afritek, it seems to be a new status between "we are sourcing parts..." and we assume next step is "in production". As far as I know the few australian cars that have already been "in production" never had this queuing status so we don't know how long it will last.
Thanks TesAus for the feedback - probably just a new term for "Hang in there, we're getting there, just not sure when..."
(#49 Regular Production 60KWH)

I was told Tesla won't deliver Model S to SA until there is a service centre so rangers won't be needed unless someone travels from Sydney or Melbourne to Adelaide and breaks down while they are here.
Please see my earlier posts quoting Jerome Guillen. They won't DELIVER Model S to SA now, but you CAN take delivery in Sydney or Melbourne but will be paying for a ranger or will be shipping car to service centre for warranty service at your expense.

- - - Updated - - -

Page 8 of first delivery thread.

Please see my earlier posts quoting Jerome Guillen. They won't DELIVER Model S to SA now, but you CAN take delivery in Sydney or Melbourne but will be paying for a ranger or will be shipping car to service centre for warranty service at your expense.

- - - Updated - - -

Page 8 of first delivery thread.

i had read your post, but I have also asked the direct question whether an order with a shipping address in a market without service support would have a delayed build date and was told that it would.

Finally proactive communications:

Dear Model S reservation holder,

We’re excited about the upcoming launch of right hand drive Model S in Australia. The first cars have already arrived in the country for test drives, and we’re on track to fulfill the first deliveries to customers in the months ahead.

Our preference is to only deliver cars to customers once we are sure they can be serviced by a Tesla service center. With that in mind, we’ve begun construction of a state-of-the-art service centre in Sydney that will be completed early in the fourth quarter of this year. We’ve also taken the first steps towards establishing a service centre in Melbourne.

In the meantime, if you want to get back behind the wheel of a Model S or show the car to your friends and family, please feel free to sign up for a test drive.

You might also like to know that we’ve started scouting sites for a Supercharger location in Sydney. If you have any suggestions of where it could go, please let us know.

Thank you for your patience and continued support!

Tesla Motors

At least we now have some idea of what is going on and timescales for Sydney (October/November). Not sure what that means for the rest of Australia?

So the predictions of first deliveries in September were optimistic? Telsa is promising to delivery cars "in the months ahead", but certainly not before October for Sydney and no firm date for Melbourne. The other states aren't even mentioned so they could be a long time off. It's not promising news.