Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in video games

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't worry about the ICE sound in the trailer - I am certain it is just a placeholder.

GT has a stellar reputation for using authentic sounds for all cars (even going so far as to mic the real ones to get exact replication). I have no doubt whatsoever that the final release will use the authentic motor whine sound.

burt1.jpg

I played GT5 (Arcade mode) last weekend at a friend, I selected the Roadster, and he selected his Mini Cooper S.
The acceleration of the Roadster is totaly wrong (way to slow). The Mini S accelerated much faster then the 2008 roadster.

Anyone noticed the same?

I haven't timed it yet but the Roadster's 0-60 acceleration in GT5 does feel slow.

I also noticed there is no regen braking whatsoever ... pretty disappointing for a simulation.

At least they did get the sound of the motor right.

Considering GT5 is supposed to be a pretty realistic racing simulation (it even has oil changes and car washing) I can't believe they don't have re-gen on the Roadster as it's a critical part of the Roadster experience!

Maybe they didn't want all the petrol-heads to get upset from being spanked by an EV. :wink:

At least it appears that they got the motor sound right.