Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is not slacking off with deliveries. WOW!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But wait, that's my birthday! If only I get confirmed for then... I think due to ordering AWD and red, I'll be waiting a bit longer, though. :(

Well, first of all, happy birthday in advance to you. I hope you get your car on or close to your birthday but if you have to wait, it will still be worth it.

Just to get this back on track- we picked up our CPO Model S yesterday (July 8th) in Tempe- and not only was the lot full of Model 3s, So full we had a hard time finding a place to park. They had been delivering them like crazy all weekend. Within the first 15 min we were there 4 Model 3s drove off with their proud owners. When we left with our CPO Model S, they were waiting on a few more folks for their pick up. They said they got in something like 7 loads of cars on Saturday! The floodgates have opened for the Model 3

How were you informed that your delivery was delayed?
What reason(s) given?

I replied to the ISA asking for the reason and have not heard from him. Which he's actually been excellent at communication so I would assume tomorrow at the latest he will reply. But the original email said (below). So I assume logistics.

Email Subject: Update on Timing

"
Hello Fernando,

Apologies about this, I do not enjoy this conversation but your vehicle transit time has been adjust and now will not be deliverable until 7/26.

Would I be able to adjust you to the 26th at 12:00PM?

I am so sorry about this and these things happen and our out of my control."

Sometimes I wish that I decided to go with RWD instead of AWD just so I would have a chance of getting it sooner -- like this summer. I still think AWD is the right one for me, but I want one.... NOW!!!!!!

The grass is always greener...

I went with the RWD and took delivery in March because our ICE vehicle was becoming intolerable and we were impatient but now I'm wishing I had held off for the AWD!

According to Elektrek, Tesla will be opening up the configurator to the general public (for North America) allowing anyone to order a Model 3 directly without a reservation anymore. However, current reservation holders will still priority on delivery. Tesla is opening Model 3 online configurator to everyone

I am not surprised by this at all. I fully expected Tesla to end the reservation system eventually once production was fully ramped up and all the options were available. After all, the reservation system was always intended as a temporary system to manage demand during the initial production ramp up. Now that production is 5000/week and we are close to getting the standard battery, the reservation system is not needed anymore.

According to Elektrek, Tesla will be opening up the configurator to the general public (for North America) allowing anyone to order a Model 3 directly without a reservation anymore. However, current reservation holders will still priority on delivery. Tesla is opening Model 3 online configurator to everyone

I am not surprised by this at all. I fully expected Tesla to end the reservation system eventually once production was fully ramped up and all the options were available. After all, the reservation system was always intended as a temporary system to manage demand during the initial production ramp up. Now that production is 5000/week and we are close to getting the standard battery, the reservation system is not needed anymore.
Yeah I am not sure how I feel about that.

Yeah I am not sure how I feel about that.
If you were hoping against hope that Tesla would run out of LR/LR-D/P PUP orders before the end of the year and be forced to build enough SRs that you could buy one by Dec 31, then you should feel crushed.

Otherwise this is "the company I'm buying from is looking to stay in business by tapping the market for as much high margin sales as they can, so the car I'm about to buy isn't going to become an orphan".

If you were hoping against hope that Tesla would run out of LR/LR-D/P PUP orders before the end of the year and be forced to build enough SRs that you could buy one by Dec 31, then you should feel crushed.

Otherwise this is "the company I'm buying from is looking to stay in business by tapping the market for as much high margin sales as they can, so the car I'm about to buy isn't going to become an orphan".
More hoping that I would get my 3 LRD in the 12-16 week window like originally told. No word on 3 PLRD folks getting VINs yet is sad to me.

More hoping that I would get my 3 LRD in the 12-16 week window like originally told.

Did you change your configuration at all after 6PM on June 27th? This development seems irrelevant to how fast you get your LRD, other than maybe the slight positive that Tesla really, really, really wants to sell lots of 77kWh PUP Model 3s by the end of Q4. ;)

No word on 3 PLRD folks getting VINs yet is sad to me.
There are people with confirmed (LR) delivery dates less than a week away that don't have their VIN yet. Seems the process has changed a fair amount around when people get their VIN.

Did you change your configuration at all after 6PM on June 27th? This development seems irrelevant to how fast you get your LRD, other than maybe the slight positive that Tesla really, really, really wants to sell lots of 77kWh PUP Model 3s by the end of Q4. ;)

There are people with confirmed (LR) delivery dates less than a week away that don't have their VIN yet. Seems the process has changed a fair amount around when people get their VIN.
No config change. I am one of the folks that don’t have a delivery estimation on my order page.

No config change. I am one of the folks that don’t have a delivery estimation on my order page.
You've got a full month to go for 12 weeks, right? The 12-16 weeks puts you Aug-Sept, just ahead of all those that were allowed configuration access the last week of June (including those they opened prior to all the reservations). So it's just a matter of them getting the AWD production process sorted out.

Tesla sent you an updated price with the $1000 discount, right?

Wow. This is big news. There must not be that many reservation holders wanting the more expensive cars. I guess it makes good business sense to try to sell as many high dollar cars as possible. It kind of sucks for those who gave Tesla a $1000.00 interest free loan it return for getting the model 3 they wanted first.

You've got a full month to go for 12 weeks, right? The 12-16 weeks puts you Aug-Sept, just ahead of all those that were allowed configuration access the last week of June (including those they opened prior to all the reservations). So it's just a matter of them getting the AWD production process sorted out.

Tesla sent you an updated price with the $1000 discount, right?
Yeah, I know just getting antsy.

Correct, they did. I notice they updated the text below view build details to let us know that reservation, order and location still matter.

Reactions: ℬête Noire
I hope Tesla does honor the reservation date and configuration date. Thats not the case for me now. I am at 10 weeks of waiting. Reserved 3/31/16 and configured 4/30 pick in Fremont and all boxes checked.

Don't be surprised if Tesla starts matching configurations with people that just paid $3500 recently. One thing I learned is Tesla will do what is in their best interest which is understandable because it is a business.