Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is updating in car internet browers with Chromium.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. And consider the alternative: every regional group having needless parallel discussions about exact the same thing. Just looking to improve the signal to noise ratio in here. Many newcomers may not realize this.

On that note I think your multiple posts in this thread should be moved to the forum where people post OT posts and complain about the area that the discussion is happening.

• Disagree
Reactions: rypalmer
I posted this one and it was very specific to Canada.

Pro Tip: Fragmenting forums by forcing users to chase down topics they have contributed to and/or having a dozens of subforums and heavy handed moderation == users losing interest and moving along somewhere else.

No, I did that as an example, I didn't read the whole content and try to make sure it has Canadian content. If I found the topics is of interest to me, I will read it, since I don't have FSD, I skipped it.

Fragmentation is bad in a public forum like this, Like you said, I don't have time to chase down topics, if I have a question, I asked, if I can contribute, I will. Nobody is trying to flood the forum with meaningless topics, we understand if we want to talk about Tesla stock, we will go to that forum (wherever they are). :)

No, I did that as an example, I didn't read the whole content and try to make sure it has Canadian content. If I found the topics is of interest to me, I will read it, since I don't have FSD, I skipped it.

Fragmentation is bad in a public forum like this, Like you said, I don't have time to chase down topics, if I have a question, I asked, if I can contribute, I will. Nobody is trying to flood the forum with meaningless topics, we understand if we want to talk about Tesla stock, we will go to that forum (wherever they are). :)

Which is why I can't get my head around ppl who are so anal about this. Does it really matter that much? Really?

Yes. And consider the alternative: every regional group having needless parallel discussions about exact the same thing. Just looking to improve the signal to noise ratio in here. Many newcomers may not realize this.

Just because a topic covers more than something that is very specific to a particular regional group doesn't mean that people within any given regional group shouldn't have a conversation about it. With almost 50 subforums here one can spend so much time trying to find a discussion about what they might want to discuss that they instead just give up and leave -- it's happened to me many times.

I appreciate that you are trying to improve the signal to noise ratio, but heavy handed moderation and having so much forced classification works great in a file system but poorly with the general public. Just my $0.02. I mean unless someone is talking about tires in the paint job forum then why rock the boat ...

Reactions: pcons and Buggle