Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla just raised the price off all cars $700 if you don't live in MA or RI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So a Vermonter here. I just ordered a model Y last week. I thought there must have been a mistake somehow as the only way I could get the car was to pick it up in Paramus NJ. I sure didn't have to do that for my Model 3. I called Tesla and they said it must be a mistake and to let the order "mature" for a week or so and it will be fixed. Well, the week has passed and after talking to a rep from the Peabody center, I found out that as of November, no more delivery included in the price. Head to New Jersey or It is now an additional 700 above the stock destination charge. And of course, we can't pick it up in MA or RI

Last edited:
So a Vermonter here. I just ordered a model Y last week. I thought there must have been a mistake somehow as the only way I could get the car was to pick it up in Paramus NJ. I sure didn't have to do that for my Model 3. I called Tesla and they said it must be a mistake and to let the order "mature" for a week or so and it will be fixed. Well, the week has passed and after talking to a rep from the Peabody center, I found out that as of November, no more delivery included in the price. Head to New Jersey or It is now an additional 700 above the stock destination charge. And of course, we can't pick it up in MA or RI
You can pick it up in MA. You just have to pay the sales tax. You can respond to the state for that by not doing business within their borders.

It’s not a Tesla issue.

You can pick it up in MA. You just have to pay the sales tax. You can respond to the state for that by not doing business within their borders.

It’s not a Tesla issue.
Actually it is a Tesla Issue. They are eliminating delivery in states that they choose to not have a presence in. Vermont would love to have a Tesla store. On top of that, there is already a delivery charge in the pricing, and that was how my 3 ad my son's Y were delivered.

Actually it is a Tesla Issue. They are eliminating delivery in states that they choose to not have a presence in. Vermont would love to have a Tesla store. On top of that, there is already a delivery charge in the pricing, and that was how my 3 ad my son's Y were delivered.
They are not eliminating delivery. It’s just no longer free. But still less than state sales tax on a vehicle.