Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla launches Model 3 Highland refresh in North America - No Performance model listed as of 01.10.2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a M3 RWD in December. I seriously considered leasing but I do keep cars a long time and decided to buy. The purchase price is now $10k higher, factoring in end of year discounts and $7500 tax credit. Lease cost, OTOH, is nearly the same as last year. Very interesting.

I understand why the SR version doesn't qualify for the tax incentive as it's battery pack is Chinese. The LR though should be using the Panasonic/Tesla 2170 cells produced here. So shouldn't it qualify? Maybe Tesla has to recertify the battery pack for the LR. It's the same pack the performance model uses, I think, and it qualifies.

I'm waiting to see if it has the front bumper camera and hardware 4. Otherwise I'm ready to order a LR version. I've been driving a stalkless model S since 2022 and have no problems at all with that design. I even love the yoke. The model 3 will be for my wife.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
Thanks, I thought there must be an option to pay to add Homelink, as I see it in the new manual?
I'd assume you can still add it after the fact like you could with the old model.

Hey folks, how can I tell if Homelink is included in N.A. long range car? My 2018 came standard with it, but then it got dropped I recall hearing. I see it's mentioned in the owners manual still, but doesn't say if included in car.
Homelink is overrated :D

We have our garage door clickers mounted with double-sided tape on the back of the display (at the bottom near the wireless phone charger) in our 3 and Y. It's out of sight and no one would know that you have it installed there -- well, now you guys know because I just told you! 🤪

Reactions: jmaddr and Hank42
I'd assume you can still add it after the fact like you could with the old model.

Ahh thanks!

My 2022 MSLR had Homelink included. But I don't know what they're doing lately.
Model 3s and Ys have not had homelink included since around the 4th quarter of 2021, maybe even a bit earlier than that. It needed to be purchased after you took ownership of the vehicle, as well. There has not previously been any way to order it "with" the vehicle, once they removed it from being installed in every model 3 / Y by default.

Reactions: Falcon73
Hey folks, how can I tell if Homelink is included in N.A. long range car? My 2018 came standard with it, but then it got dropped I recall hearing. I see it's mentioned in the owners manual still, but doesn't say if included in car.
Its no longer included..included on my 2018 also but now you have to purchase separately for $350. Just like the early cars with no basic ap as I would have to purchase.

Of course.. just trying to deplete their current inventory of performance cars.
Its probably a bit more than that, but there is a 60+ page (not 60 posts, 60 pages of posts) speculation thread on that specific discussion:

344 miles EPA sounds great.... just wonder how much you'll really see at 70mph and 100% to 0% test. 270 miles?

as comparison - similar sized Ioniq 6 (which i think looks pretty ugly) is getting pretty much close to its EPA estimate.

so while 344 miles sounds terrific on paper - curious to see how it stacks up in real world range against Ioniq 6 , Mach E
EPA numbers 😂🤣🤦🏻 what a joke !