TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Lawrence service experience

Discussion in 'Canada' started by hemants, Jan 15, 2016.

1. hemants

hemants Member

Always had good experience in person but noticed on several occasions that they are very poor on returning phone calls.

Examples

Call 1 800 who say dealership will call me
    Leave voicemail at dealer
    Speak to service tech at dealer who says they will investigate and call within a day
    Email service tech

All of the above they never called back...in some cases multiple instances of each

Scratching my head at this...

2. cwave1

cwave1 Member

I've had the same or worse treatment recently at Tranmere. I think they are getting too busy for the quantity of staff and size of their facilities. This is partially good news caused by more sales locally but partially negative news caused by the amount of service issues they need to deal with due to quality issues.

Tesla needs to address both issues.

3. Chrisizzle

Chrisizzle Member

I can echo the same experience. Great in person and great in an emergency but not so much on scheduled service.

My power steering light came on and Tesla deemed the it worthy of a tow. It was taken to Lawrence and service was great. I get the car back and Tesla issues that recall notice for seat belts. I email to schedule an appointment with no reply. Weeks later I am supercharging and try to make an appointment. They check it on the spot within 5 minutes.

4. KES16

KES16 Member

We ordered a center console and my wife phoned multiple times and left messaged to see if the console came in and no one would return her call. I finally called (twice as the first time they sent me to voicemail) and found out that yes it was in.

Another small pet peeve is I have gone multiple times on Saturdays for small things like buying the weathertech mats and they seem to be never open on time (8am) I end up waiting outside for 15-20mins

5. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

I am thinking that the forthcoming Oakville store / service center will ease the burden on Tranmere / replace Tranmere all together...bigger facility / more staff / etc...

6. tsarlsy

tsarlsy Member

I was just at Tranmere in December to get a creaking panoramic roof fix. I didn't have any issues with their service/treatment.

7. wolfpet

wolfpet Member

Had my windshield replaced @ Tranmere back in December. The booking took a while (yes, they are busy!) but the service was great as always.

8. AndrewKo

AndrewKo Member

I also had no responses on email/phone/voicemail. I think their just way to busy and perhaps understaffed? Tesla needs to open another service centre in GTA

9. blackscraper

blackscraper Member

I will echo the same experience. Voice mails, never calls back.

10. SmartElectric

SmartElectric Active Member

We've had two (of two) tremendously positive service experiences (that I have outlined elsewhere here).
    Can't say enough about Tesla service, Tranmere and Lawrence, very very happy with both.

But yes, when they are busy, don't expect a call back. Email and patience works best for non-emergency situations.