Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla lays off 100 workers in Fremont?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My mother-in-law just told me that they were laying people off in Fremont.
best I could find from google was this:
TESLA Lays off 100 Workers Due to NYT Article Cancellations? - Bright Side Of News*

I'm surprised there's not more chatter about it on this forum or on the web in general?
I think it's just the result of what Tesla mentioned in the earnings call, that they were ramping down the temporary workers they'd hired for the Q4 crunch as they improved the efficiency of the production line.

Either poor journalism or a hit piece.

This is no surprise. Tesla hired a whole bunch of temporary workers to help them get through the production ramp. They said in the last conference call that they were going to let all of them go, as they were trying to improve efficiency.

I couldn't find anything in the printed news other than on http://www.brightsideofnews.com/. There was a brief news piece on KTVU San Francisco this morning. If in fact there has been a layoff, I would place my bet it would be some of the temporary workers employed in Q4 to push out as much production as possible. Elon has made it clear that TMC must production must be more efficient than it has been.