TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla lays off 100 workers in Fremont?

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by derekt75, Mar 8, 2013.

1. derekt75

derekt75 Member

2. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

I think it's just the result of what Tesla mentioned in the earnings call, that they were ramping down the temporary workers they'd hired for the Q4 crunch as they improved the efficiency of the production line.

3. Chuck Lusin

Chuck Lusin Chuck P10548 Jenny P10614

I wonder if this is true, TM also said that it is going to pay the FEDs back 5 years early. I don't think that they are having any money issues.

4. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Either poor journalism or a hit piece.

This is no surprise. Tesla hired a whole bunch of temporary workers to help them get through the production ramp. They said in the last conference call that they were going to let all of them go, as they were trying to improve efficiency.

5. Elshout

Elshout Member

I couldn't find anything in the printed news other than on http://www.brightsideofnews.com/. There was a brief news piece on KTVU San Francisco this morning. If in fact there has been a layoff, I would place my bet it would be some of the temporary workers employed in Q4 to push out as much production as possible. Elon has made it clear that TMC must production must be more efficient than it has been.

6. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

Nothing new. They said several times those workers were temps and that they'd be let go once the production line efficiency improved. Glad to see they hit that level! Actually I think that's great news!

7. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

TM is doing just fine. A 100 workers? That is nothing. Heck, as previously noted, they are repaying their loan early. No one repays early unless things are going well.

8. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

9. DrDave

DrDave Member

Agree this is not really news. If they had fired the VP of Manufacturing (they didn't) or something like that maybe, but this was expected.