Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Light Show: Custom Show Creation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have coded the lights to "Together in Electric Dreams" !! This is a lovely feature and I'm just working on the windows up and down because it has the effect of muffling the higher frequencies on the tune you're playing.

Until coding this, I didn't realise the complexity of the front light clusters. there are 3x as many individually programmable lights in a model 3 than you'd think there were. I'll update my twitter with the final when done.

hey guys, i am having trouble getting this to work in my Model S. h ave completed the ".xsq" file and saved it on a folder on my desktop (MAC) i have transferred the ".fseq" and the ".xsq" file to the USB that has the folder "LightShow" and two subset folders as required. when i insert the USB into the car it does not read the files. any and all help is greatly appreciated.

hey guys, i am having trouble getting this to work in my Model S. h ave completed the ".xsq" file and saved it on a folder on my desktop (MAC) i have transferred the ".fseq" and the ".xsq" file to the USB that has the folder "LightShow" and two subset folders as required. when i insert the USB into the car it does not read the files. any and all help is greatly appreciated.
You only need a folder called LighShow, and in it "lightshow.wave" or "lightshow.mp3", along with "lightshow.fseq". Also you need to export as I believe "V2 compressed" but check the github instructions to make sure. Also make sure the us not a TeslaCam directory on the thumbdrive. One final possibility, it takes a bit for the car to read the thumbdrive, like maybe 20 seconds or so. If it still doesn't work try the "validator.py" script on github.

NOTE: capitalization in filenames matter so check github to be sure. I think what I have is correct but I'm not looking at github right now!

Reactions: Psycho Bunny
TBCF Team,
While people don't generally buy cars for features like "LightShow" -- this for sure got some people laughing and "wow"ing with amazement at my house this Christmas and was really great fun -- so thanks for all the hard work! Great song selection too! Took a look at GitHub and I'm now going to probably burn way too much of my vacation next week working out a custom light show to a YES tune like Siberian Khatru!:)
Thanks again,
Paul in Miami

Anyone getting apoplectic over these changes need therapy! LOL
Ha ha! I am sure therapy is all that’s needed to make the wipers stop going crazy on us, right?

I’m sure therapy is all that’s needed to defog the windshield quickly without taking our eyes off the road on a winding mountain road?

Therapy is all that’s needed to make a 2 or 3 step process seem simpler than a one step process?

You must have a hell of an expensive shrink! 🤣

Waiting for a thread with ready to-use projects like the ones posted above.
First Challenge: Happy new year by Abba with fireworks-beating lightshow. You have exactly 5 days....
Format: project with video to view result.

[Edits]
maybe only use this thread for the time being?)
oops Copy-right-issues?

Wikipedia had no story but I'm thinking the below court document is it. I'll need to read and "digest" it...

Linked from here: