Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my loan from Fairwinds CU.
- 36m 0.89% or 48m 1.45% (need to open a checking account to qualify for discounted rate). I took the 36-month one;
- I am from CA. Join the LionNation club (the free level was sufficient for me) to qualify for Fairwinds membership.

Highly recommend Fairwinds. Approval was very fast, great service!

The answer is yes. Matched a 72 month 2.5% to 2.4%. Took all of 5 mins on the phone.

FWIW I had a great experience with CCFCU. Fast and very pleasant to deal with, almost made me want to go with them. But the unsecured loan from light stream and no DD requirements are too much to pass up.

Did you have to set up direct deposit with them and wait for your paycheck to clear before you were approved for the 2.5% rate?

- 36m 0.89% or 48m 1.45% (need to open a checking account to qualify for discounted rate). I took the 36-month one;
- I am from CA. Join the LionNation club (the free level was sufficient for me) to qualify for Fairwinds membership.

Do you have the link for the free level membership?

can you still get a loan even if you live in CA from this CU?

Thanks for the reply. I am glad i found this forum. if you dont mind asking..
I have a delivery date set 12/13 - how does payment to Telsa work? I stopped by Tesla store today to ask what I should do now .. I have around 740 credit score dont want to use Tesla financing at 3.99%. Does CU wire the fund to Tesla directly and I am good to go?
They usually send you the check. so plan accordingly, the issue is when Tesla sends you the MVPA(get it as soon as possible), that's when you can get the check sent out(to you and you can hand it over to Tesla).

The answer is yes. Matched a 72 month 2.5% to 2.4%. Took all of 5 mins on the phone.

FWIW I had a great experience with CCFCU. Fast and very pleasant to deal with, almost made me want to go with them. But the unsecured loan from light stream and no DD requirements are too much to pass up.

@philaKing - if you don’t mind, can you share exactly what documentation you submitted to light stream to beat the rate?

I submitted the email I got from loan officer confirming that I was approved, rate offer and terms. However they said they need official approval letter.

Did you get one from them? Is that something I can request from Loan officer?

Much appreciate the information.

@philaKing - if you don’t mind, can you share exactly what documentation you submitted to light stream to beat the rate?

Sure. I received the loan documentation from CCFCU (includes rate, price of card, all the terms and conditions etc). I then applied at Lightstream and was approved at almost double rate. I called Lightstream (I always find this to be key), asked if they would match a rate that was 50% of their rate (which he confirmed they would with documentation), and sent CCFCU docs to the gentlemen helping me while we were on phone. He went to loan department, confirmed rate beat, and within 5 minutes my account was updated with the 2.5%.

Sure. I received the loan documentation from CCFCU (includes rate, price of card, all the terms and conditions etc). I then applied at Lightstream and was approved at almost double rate. I called Lightstream (I always find this to be key), asked if they would match a rate that was 50% of their rate (which he confirmed they would with documentation), and sent CCFCU docs to the gentlemen helping me while we were on phone. He went to loan department, confirmed rate beat, and within 5 minutes my account was updated with the 2.5%.

Thanks for sharing. Trying to come up with a game plan to approach light stream so I get get rate beat.

When you asked for loan documentation, do they require car MVPA or VIN?

Did they email you or mail the loan documentation?

When you asked for loan documentation, do they require car MVPA or VIN?

Did they email you or mail the loan documentation?

Yes. I sent ccfcu my MVPA (with vin) and required info. To get 2.5% on the loan papers you need to have one pay cycle of dd into your ccfcu account or maybe send proof you switched to them for dd.

Then take the loan docs you would subsequently get from ccfcu and send to lightstream. They are detailed enough and sufficient to get rate beat.

Yes. I sent ccfcu my MVPA (with vin) and required info. To get 2.5% on the loan papers you need to have one pay cycle of dd into your ccfcu account or maybe send proof you switched to them for dd.

Then take the loan docs you would subsequently get from ccfcu and send to lightstream. They are detailed enough and sufficient to get rate beat.

Awesome ! Thanks for the info. Since I still
Have not received a VIN yet, I guess I will have to wait to try rate beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.