Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This improved the WAF (wife acceptance factor).

This is the best thing I’ve ever read. My WAF was very, very low as she wasn’t excited about the car when I rented it from Turo. How she couldn’t fall in love with it the same way as I I’ll never know. As of late, though, it has increased. I think she’s getting more and more used to the idea.

• Love
Reactions: dmurphy
This is the best thing I’ve ever read. My WAF was very, very low as she wasn’t excited about the car when I rented it from Turo. How she couldn’t fall in love with it the same way as I I’ll never know. As of late, though, it has increased. I think she’s getting more and more used to the idea.

My wife is absolutely AMAZING. She's super smart, fun, beautiful, really the entire package all wrapped into one. That said, she's also all sorts of practical. For her, a car is just a mode of transportation from Point A to Point B.

For me, it's a source of *enjoyment*. I love driving. Really enjoy opening it up on the highway. The sheer joy I expect the Model 3 to bring me is worth its weight in gold.... for her, a Chevy Cruze would do the job every bit as well.

Part of why we have a solid marriage is that we allow each other to be ourselves.... so she supports my decision here, and I support her travel addiction. Which, let's face it, is a win for me on all fronts. :)

She'll never really understand my obsession with the Model 3, but as long as she nods and goes "OK", I'm good. :)

In California, with excellent credit, any suggestions for obtaining a 3 to 4 year loan at less than 2%?

I've looked through the loan sheet and there do not seem to be any options for less than 2% anymore.
Join American Consumer Council, use that for Andrews Federal Credit Union, get a 36 month 2.14% rate, Rate Beat it with Lightstream to 2.04%. That's about as close as you'll get. With interest rates as high as they are, this isn't surprising.

I'm just starting the loan process with Andrews FCU. I just spoke to a customer service agent and asked if there was any autopay discount if it the funds were paid out of an Andrews account, I was told yes, 0.25% discount. This could lead to potentially 1.89% on a 36 month loan. Once I get through everything and confirm it all I will report back. I don't see anything about this on their website though.

In Texas... shopping around now. Credit score is over 800.
Putting 50% down payment...

The last 2 loans I've been pre-approved for have been 3.75% for 60 months.
EECU
RBFCU

Might check out Credit Union of Texas as well

Damn, was kinda hoping for a little lower than that!

Anyone here go thru Delta Community Credit Union? I applied and got approved but the page just says to contact them to complete my loan processing. Will I have to go to a branch or can it all be done online and via email/phone? I travel for work and I’m never around during the week, they are closed sat and sun. My delivery is set for Saturday the 20th. Help!

In Texas... shopping around now. Credit score is over 800.
Putting 50% down payment...

The last 2 loans I've been pre-approved for have been 3.75% for 60 months.
EECU
RBFCU

Might check out Credit Union of Texas as well

Damn, was kinda hoping for a little lower than that!
Carolina Cooperative FCU is 2.99%. It's somewhat slow--takes about two weeks, but the rates are great.

Also got the 0.75%. LionNation membership was free as of today which was a nice surprise (almost clicked "Buy Premium" before seeing I could already get a membership number).

Currently waiting for my Fairwinds account to be verified (but been in touch with the loan officer and all my docs have been sent over etc).

Hey all for Fairwinds - I don't see an option to join using the Lion Nation #. Only if I live there or have a family member. Has this changed?

Hey all for Fairwinds - I don't see an option to join using the Lion Nation #. Only if I live there or have a family member. Has this changed?

Yes it has. I am in the process of getting this loan, and they have ended their partnership with the LionNation program because too many people were signing up for loans with it. I was told that the loan is basically a loss leader for them to develop a relationship with customers, and that they are only looking to work with people in the area.

Fortunately, I am an Orlando resident :)

Anyone here go thru Delta Community Credit Union? I applied and got approved but the page just says to contact them to complete my loan processing. Will I have to go to a branch or can it all be done online and via email/phone? I travel for work and I’m never around during the week, they are closed sat and sun. My delivery is set for Saturday the 20th. Help!

Turns out you don’t, they can complete everything digitally. But you do have to get a $5 deposit into your account to have it in good standing and if there isn’t a branch near you it can take a few days to get the money to them from another bank. LightStream wouldn’t match because they require a membership to give you that rate which I think is BS, I can’t think of any credit union that doesn’t requiere a membership to give out any loan

Turns out you don’t, they can complete everything digitally. But you do have to get a $5 deposit into your account to have it in good standing and if there isn’t a branch near you it can take a few days to get the money to them from another bank. LightStream wouldn’t match because they require a membership to give you that rate which I think is BS, I can’t think of any credit union that doesn’t requiere a membership to give out any loan
By law, credit unions must require a membership. If they were to do this, they would never Rate Beat anybody's offer from a CU. Per my personal experience a week ago, they will do that. Remind them that this is not in their terms and conditions and demand they honor their Rate Beat offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.